Transforming Higher Education through 21st Century Polytechnic Ideals
2017 Polytechnic Summit, June 5 – 7, 2017 | Register Now | $200 Registration Fee
Save the date for an international gathering of fellow academic and industry professionals on the campus of Purdue University for the 2017 Polytechnic Summit. The summit will showcase the innovative approaches being utilized by 21st century polytechnics throughout the world to provide applied and active learning environments and support student-centered learning and innovation.
This global event is being hosted by the Purdue Polytechnic Institute at Purdue University in collaboration with the University of Wisconsin-Stout and the Darmstadt University of Applied Science.
The Polytechnic Summit will include
Keynote addresses from innovative leaders:
- Vincent Manno, provost of Olin College (Leveraging Engineering Education Innovation to Redefine Undergraduate Education)
- Tim Sands, president of Virginia Tech (The VT Shaped Professional)
- Brian Norton, president of Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT) (Purpose Driven Higher Education)
- Carlos Heeren, executive director of UTEC (Universidad de Ingenieria y Tecnologia) and Tecsup (Instituto Superior de Tecnologia) (The UTEC Model: a novel approach to engineering education in the 21st century)
- Dave Goldberg, founder and president of ThreeJoy Associates, Inc. and Jeff Evans, interim director of Learning Innovation at Purdue University (2 Ways to Deeper Listening)
- Panel discussions involving academic, community, and industry leaders.
Presentations from participants on topics of importance
- Community/industry engagement
- Competency-based programs and assessment
- Innovative instructional methods
- Applied research
- Senior projects/capstones
- Breakout and networking sessions
Who should attend
Academic professionals who align themselves with
- innovative educational models that embrace student-centered, experiential, learn-by-doing methodology
- applied or user inspired research.
Community and industry leaders who
- Understand the need for industry-academic collaboration
- Value student internships
- Want to influence the capabilities of their future hires
- Welcome the use of student teams to help solve their current corporate problems through real-world projects in the classroom
- January 1, 2017: Conference website opens for abstract submissions, conference registration, and hotel information
- April 10, 2017: Deadline for abstract submissions
- April 28, 2017: Notifications sent to all presenters
- May 15, 2017: Registration deadline
- May 31, 2017: Late registration deadline (Please note: Late fees apply)
- June 5-7, 2017: Summit
There is a $200 registration fee for the conference.
Office of Globalization and Office of Engagement in the Purdue Polytechnic Institute.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 765-494-7939.