Purdue's STAR program is required for all students. New undergraduate students will meet their academic advisor, register for classes, get photo ID cards, complete placement testing, learn about billing and financial aid, and more!
Incoming students are required to register for a STAR session below.
Transfer or re-entry students should contact Whitney Ramer at 812-348-2027 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a STAR session.
What to expect at STAR 2018
Prepare for your visit:
- Check email daily: this is the best way to stay informed!
- Complete the Student Information Form: Available here.
Your advisor will use the information you share on this form to prepare for your first academic advising meeting.
Things to bring:
- 10 digit Purdue Identification Number (PUID). You can find this on your admission letter.
- Purdue student career account login information. Username and Password. Your username is your email address leaving off the "@purdue.edu".
- IU student career account login information. Information on how to setup this account was emailed to you.
Snacks or beverages. Light snacks and water will be provided but you are welcome to bring additional items. Lunch is not provided.
Where to go:
- Free parking is available in the lot outside the main entrance of the Advanced Manufacturing Center of Excellence (AMCE) building. The address is 4444 Kelly St. Columbus, IN 47203.
- STAR sessions will be held in the AMCE building. Enter the main center doors and follow signage to the correct room.
What is the schedule:
- Students and their guests will attend one STAR session.
Each session begins with an informational meeting from 8:00am to 11:30am.
Check-in begins at 7:30 am. Students and guests should arrive by 7:45am.
There will be a lunch break from 11:30am - 12:45pm.
Lunch is not provided, please see dining below.
Afternoon sessions consist of individual registration meetings and placement testing.
Students will receive a personalized schedule via email after registering.
- STAR is a full-day program. There are many options for students and families who decide to stay overnight during STAR 2018.
- Stay at one of our area hotels.
Light snacks are available but lunch is not provided during STAR. There is a scheduled break for lunch from 11:30am to 12:45pm. Families should plan to bring lunch or dine at a local eatery.
-View this list of local local dining options.
During the session you will:
- Learn valuable information about being a Purdue University & Purdue Polytechnic Columbus student.
- Learn to navigate useful website and university systems.
- View Financial Aid and Bursar accounts
- Register for classes
- Get your photo taken for University ID cards
- Take required surveys and placement tests
- Get all questions answered
Questions? Call 812-348-2027 or 812-348-2025 for more information.