The business side of aviation industry is complex, from aircraft leases to fuel options to route efficiency. When you major in aerospace financial analysis at Purdue University, you will gain the expertise necessary to bridge the knowledge gap between airline operations professionals and their financial counterparts.
Industry leaders are asking for more experts in aviation and aerospace finance as their contracts become more complex, their leases more numerous, and their capacity more flexible. You will gain a broad exposure as a financial analyst with a strong focus on aviation management. Your courses will provide insights into how companies in the industry operate and how financial decisions affect operations. Some of your first-year courses include: basic aircraft science, aerospace vehicle propulsion and tracking systems and aviation business.
- Take advantage of firsthand knowledge from professors who have worked in all aspects of the aviation industry.
- Study in one of only a few national programs with a focus on finances and analysis.
- Explore other aspects of the aviation industry as your learn alongside students with majors in other aviation disciplines.
- Enjoy high demand for your talents.
- Work hands-on at the country’s first university-owned airport with the state’s second busiest air traffic control tower. Utilize the real-time data collected on-site at Purdue University Airport for projects.
- Engage with industry on a regular basis and be considered for their internships and other placement opportunities. Beyond Purdue University and Polytechnic career fairs, aerospace financial analysis majors can take advantage of an annual career fair planned for all students in the School of Aviation and Transportation Technology.
- Utilize the Polytechnic learning environment to become a career-ready graduate