This 15-credit-hour minor offers the basic knowledge and understanding of biometric technologies for graduates to seek employment opportunities with a supporting skill set for security operations and management. The skill set can be applied to a variety of industries, including government (local, state, and federal agencies), high-technology companies, and as integrators and technologists, to help secure facilities.
The biometrics minor is available to Purdue University students majoring in any four-year degree baccalaureate degree program.
Minimum grade of C in each course required to be awarded the minor
- STAT 30100 Elementary Statistical Methods
- IT 34500 Automatic Identification and Data Capture
or TLI 31300 Tech Integration: Bar Codes to Biometrics
- IT 54000 Biometric Performance and Usability Analysis
- IT 54500 Biometrics Technology & Applications
- TLI 49800 Undergraduate Research in TLI
Contact Jennifer White, Academic Advisor, email@example.com