The demand for enrollment in some majors in the Purdue Polytechnic Institute currently exceeds the resource capacity to meet that demand. For this reason some departments must limit CODOs based on a semester-by-semester analysis of the total department enrollment.
Students on academic probation may not CODO into the CIT program.
There are two levels that students can qualify for CODO application:
- Application Requirements Level I - 3.25 cumulative GPA and completion of courses listed below* with a C- or above will automatically be admitted to CIT.
- Application Requirements Level II - 2.8 adjusted GPA with completion of courses listed below with a C- or above.
The Department will review all CODO applications that have at least a 2.8 adjusted GPA.
*Must complete all courses listed with a grade of C- or better prior to CODOing into CIT:
- ENGL10600 (or ENGL 10100; ENGL 10300; ENGL 10800) or COM 11400
- Calculus I (or MA 22300/16010/16100/16500)
- CNIT Gateway class CNIT 18000
If you have already completed the courses required for CODO and have not been accepted to CIT, you should add the CIT minor with your current academic advisor and speak with a CIT academic advisor to complete your schedule. See below for recommended courses:
- MA 16010 & 16020 or MA 16100 & 16200 or MA 16100 & 16020 or MA 16500 & 16600 or MA 16500 & 16020 (If math placement is Calculus)
- MA 15800 followed by MA 16010 & 16020 (If math placement is not Calculus)
- CNIT 18000 (required for CODO), CNIT 17600, & CNIT 15501
- ENGL 10600 (or ENGL 10100; ENGL 10300, ENGL 10800)
- COM 11400
- ONE Behavioral/Social Sciences Selective (Human Cultures: Behavioral/Social Sciences (BSS))*
- ONE Humanities Selective (Human Cultures: Humanities (H))*
- ONE Lab Science under Science (S) options*
- ONE Non-lab science under Science (S) options*
*Course options may be found via http://www.purdue.edu/provost/initiatives/curriculum/course.html.
You must attend an informational mandatory CODO meeting in order to CODO. You must bring 2 copies of your CODO papers, signed by you and your current advisor. CODO papers must be turned in the semester prior to the term you want to become a CIT student. You can print your CODO papers online on myPurdue or at this link: CODO Papers
- Wednesday, February 24th 1:30-2:30 pm
- Thursday, March 24th 3:00-4:00 pm
- Tuesday, April 26th 10:00-11:00 am
NOTE: YOU MUST ATTEND A CIT CODO INFORMATION MEETING BEFORE BEING ELIGIBLE TO CODO, TO UTILIZE WALK-IN HOURS OR TO MEET WITH A CIT ADVISOR.
Students enrolled in the appropriate courses and have the minimum GPA after grades are posted at the end of the semester may be accepted. Acceptance is also determined on the space available in the school