Computer and Information Technology
A major in the Computer and Information Technology Program
Help fight crime or keep a corporation running efficiently with a degree from Purdue’s computer and information technology program. As computers find their way into every part of our lives, information technology professionals are needed to keep the systems functioning and the data safe. Your information technology courses and the problem-solving skills will prepare you for careers in almost any industry.
You’ll learn how to increase efficiencies as you work with computer applications, management information systems, databases, and computer networks. Your tasks will include planning, analyzing, designing, constructing, and maintaining these areas.
Computer and information technology courses provide students with strong technical skills, a thorough understanding of business needs, and the ability to communicate effectively with customers, peers, and industry leaders.
CIT offers a B.S. degree in Information Technology with opportunities to customize the degree by adding concentration(s) and/or cross-disciplinary minor(s) based on individual interests. Examples include Business Management, Big Data, Bioinformatics, Cyber Security, Health Informatics, High Performance Computing, Info-tainment Multi-Media, Innovation and Commercialization, International Studies, Modern Manufacturing, Network Engineering, Systems Analysis and Design or “I have my own ideas”.
- CIT has been ranked as the #4 best Bachelor of Science in IT program in the Nation!
- Gain real-work experience as you design, implement, and administer local and wide-area networks
- Improve job readiness with experience building high-bandwidth, wide-area networks capable of voice, video, and multi-protocol data
- Further specialize with coursework from four areas: software development; systems analysis, design, and integration; data management; or wireless networking
- Take advantage of updated courses in emerging fields such as cyber forensics, biomedical informatics, high performance computing, information security, and wireless networking