Help fight crime or keep a corporation running efficiently with a degree from Purdue’s computer and information technology program. As computers find their way into every part of our lives, information technology professionals are needed to keep the systems functioning and the data safe. Your information technology courses and the problem-solving skills will prepare you for careers in almost any industry.
You’ll learn how to increase efficiencies as you work with computer applications, management information systems, databases, and computer networks. Your tasks will include planning, analyzing, designing, constructing, and maintaining these areas.
Computer and information technology courses provide students with strong technical skills, a thorough understanding of business needs, and the ability to communicate effectively with customers, peers, and industry leaders.
CIT offers a B.S. degree in Information Technology with opportunities to customize the degree by adding concentration(s) and/or cross-disciplinary minor(s) based on individual interests. Examples include Business Management, Big Data, Bioinformatics, Cyber Security, Health Informatics, High Performance Computing, Info-tainment Multi-Media, Innovation and Commercialization, International Studies, Modern Manufacturing, Network Engineering, Systems Analysis and Design or “I have my own ideas”.
- Gain real-work experience as you design, implement, and administer local and wide-area networks
- Improve job readiness with experience building high-bandwidth, wide-area networks capable of voice, video, and multi-protocol data
- Further specialize with coursework from four areas: software development; systems analysis, design, and integration; data management; or wireless networking
- Take advantage of updated courses in emerging fields such as cyber forensics, biomedical informatics, high performance computing, information security, and wireless networking
Utilize the Polytechnic learning environment to become a career-ready graduate
|Number of Graduates||Percent of Grads Reported||Placement Rate||Average Salary|
- Software Development
- Systems Integration
- Data Management
- Computer Networks
- Biomedical Informatics
- High Performance Computing
- Information Security
- Wireless Networking
- Mobile Application Development
- Social Media Application and Mobile App Development
- Electric Vehicle Applications
- Cyber Warfare
- Psychological Crime Scene Analysis
- Video Game Design and Development
- Intelligence and decision-making Information Technology
In addition to the fees charged to all Purdue students (technology fee, repair and rehabilitation fee, student fitness and wellness fee), students in the Purdue Polytechnic Institute pay a differential general service fee of $286.00 each semester.
Full information about tuition and fees is available on the Purdue Bursar’s Office Web site.
Add an international perspective to your education by taking advantage of study abroad opportunities. College-wide, there are nearly 47 programs that offer educational experiences in another country. Experiences can last a week, a month, a summer or a semester depending on the program. The list of study abroad programs, internship and service learning options is updated annually.
In the past, CIT students have taken advantage of opportunities in Peru, Ireland, Germany, Australia and Switzerland in addition to the many college-wide experiences.