Choose courses from the following categories with no more than 6 hours at the 100 level. To ensure breadth, students may take no more than 6 hours in any one subject area. Certain courses or areas are limited to 3 hours or cannot be used, as noted below.
- ECET: up to 6 hours additional ECET courses. ECET 29900 is limited to 3 credit hours.
- College of Engineering: up to 6 hours per subject area (discipline). ME 29700 and Engineering Projects in Community Service (EPICS) are each limited to 3 credit hours. First-Year Engineering (ENGR) courses cannot be used.
- Purdue Polytechnic Institute: up to 6 hours per subject area (discipline). ECET Co-op Sessions 1, 2 and 3. CNIT 136 cannot be used.
- College of Science: up to 6 hours per subject area (discipline) of lab-based physics (PHYS), chemistry (CHM) and biology (BIOL) courses; Computer Science (CS) courses; and higher-level mathematics (MA) courses: MA 26100, MA 26500 and MA 26600. CS 11000 and CS 23500 cannot be used.
- College of Liberal Arts: Up to 6 hours of THTR 25300, THTR 35300, or THTR 55300.