At this time, students will need to apply separately to the three parts of the Dual Degree Program. Below are detailed instructions for the application process for the Master's degree at Purdue University, as well as admissions requirements for the Bridging Program and the Tsinghua Master's degree in Engineering Management.
Students can apply for the Purdue M.S. degree in Technology Leadership & Innovation with a focus on Global Digital Innovation by following the steps laid out at the bottom of the page. See the list below for the necessary components for the application package to this program. For questions regarding the application process to the Global Digital Innovation program at Purdue, please email Allison Lamb.
To learn more about the different phases of the Purdue-Tsinghua Dual Degree program, please visit the Program Structure page and sub-pages on the Bridging Program, the Purdue M.S., and the Tsinghua M.E.M. program.
Tsinghua Bridging Program Admissions Requirements
- Junior, Senior students or graduated students with a Bachelor’s degree
- Language：IELTS（6.5), TOEFL（77）*
* The requirement of language is flexible based on students’ overall evaluation. Language requirements for the Purdue M.S. degree are not flexible.
Purdue M.S. Admissions Requirements:
- Electronic application form (see below for more information regarding how to complete this application for the dual degree program)
- Statement of Purpose (see details below)
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from your current employer, if possible
- Resume showing your work history
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher learning (see more information regarding this below)
- TOEFL for Non-Native English Speakers (see score requirements below)
Note: Please see Application Process for Purdue M.S. Degree below for detailed instructions.
Tsinghua M.E.M. Admissions Requirements
- Achieved the minimum exam requirement (national line) of the National Entrance Exam for Management (Specific for MBA\EMBA\MEM\MPA\MPAcc)*
- Achieved the minimum exam requirement of Tsinghua University (Tsinghua line)**
- Passed the interview held by MEM center, Tsinghua University
- Passed Physical Examination of Tsinghua University
* The national line and Tsinghua line are changing every year.
** Tsinghua line is higher than the national line.
Application Process for Purdue M.S. Degree
●Complete electronic application form
●For detailed instructions on completing the online application for this program, please visit polytechnic.purdue.edu/center-for-professional-studies/how-apply
●Note: Please select "Tsinghua" as the area of interest on the Graduate Site for TLI (this is different from the instructions on the Center for Professional Studies website)
●Statement of Purpose (300 – 500) words highlighting:
●Your career objectives
●Why you’re interested in graduate study
●How a graduate degree will help you attain your career objectives
●Your professional plans and applied research interest
●Elaboration on any special abilities, awards, achievements, scholarly publications and professional history
●Three letters of recommendation, including one from your current employer, if possible
●Resume showing your work history
●Official transcripts from all institutions of higher learning
●You must upload to the online application transcript(s) and/or academic document(s) for every institution of higher education you attended. If a transcript is not in English, you must upload an English translation certified by the college or university which issued it.
●The uploaded transcript and/or academic document must be from the official version of the document. An official transcript bears the original signature of the registrar and/or the original seal of the issuing institution. An unofficial transcript printed from your current/previous institution(s) student system is not an acceptable document.
●All transcripts and/or academic documents uploaded to the online application system are considered unofficial.
Office of Graduate Admissions
Purdue University Graduate School
155 South Grant Street, YONG 170
West Lafayette, IN 47907
●TOEFL for Non-Native English Speakers:
Minimum Paper-Based Test (PBT) Score Required: 550
Minimum Internet-Based Test (IBT) Overall Score Required: 77
With the following minimum section requirements:
●IELTS (Academic Module):
An alternative to the TOEFL, scores of 6.5 or higher will be accepted
●Pearson Test of English (PTE) (Academic Module):
An alternative to the TOEFL, scores of 58 or higher will be accepted