Mechanical Engineering Technology
The careers of mechanical engineering technology graduates take them to a variety of employers (e.g. Rockwell Automation, Fender Guitars, Lockheed Martin, Caterpillar). Yet they have many skills in common: problem-solving, leadership and teamwork. The program focuses on the methods, materials, machinery and manpower necessary to effectively operate in a manufacturing environment. You'll learn how to manage people, machines, and production resources to ensure maximum efficiency and safety.
Areas of emphasis include advanced material processes, sustainable energy, and product realization.
The degree is Engineering Technology, the career is engineering.™
- Prepares graduates for careers in product improvement, industrial processes plant operations, and entrepreneurial endeavors
- Learn communication skills that allow you to interact with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Benefit from faculty experience in industrial careers
- Participate in applied research projects with professors to gain experience solving real-world technical problems
- Two degrees in five years: earn your bachelor’s and master’s degrees in mechanical engineering technology in only five years with a special plan of study.