Accepting Applications for Fall 2016
Set yourself apart in the construction industry:
- A superior credential: a graduate degree from an institution with global recognition and impact.
- Highly relevant, timely instruction from construction industry and academic leaders.
- Advance with a cohort experienced, motivated peer group for mutual support, team exercises, and enhanced learning.
Go from orientation to graduation in just 24 months with Purdue University's Master of Science in Building Construction Management on-line education program. Our flexible curriculum gives you knowledge that you can put into practice on the job right away.
Each annual cohort starts in fall semester with an intensive, three-day session on Purdue’s campus that allows you to meet your fellow students and professors. Once you’re back home, you’ll take classes in a synchronous virtual environment, using a computer with audio-visual links to hear lectures, view presentations/exercises and participate in discussions—a real-time learning experience.
- Emphasize construction operational and company level management- the benefits of an MBA but with a focus on construction
- Gain valuable, job-pertinent construction management skills and knowledge
- Learn about current and emerging management techniques and concepts
- Participate in live, interactive classes on weeknights from 7-9:30 pm (EST) for 15 weeks (10 weeks in summer)
- NO THESIS: Complete a capstone paper to improve your company or specialized knowledge, applying what you've learned to your interests and situation
Sample course topics
- Managing construction quality & production
- Construction operations & strategic management
- Construction accounting & financial management
- Law for construction managers
- Risk management
- Construction leadership & marketing
This degree has been of interest to these professionals
- Construction Company Owner/President
- Project Manager
- Construction Superintendent/Manager
- Senior Claims Analyst
- Construction Consultant
- Designers and others whose careers move them to construction management