Virtually all corporations are dependent upon their supply chains to manage the flow of goods, services and information to help customers. You will study the entire supply chain enterprise, yet have the flexibility to select courses for your chosen career path (purchasing, distribution and product management, sales management, or logistics and materials handling).
Courses will provide a systems approach where you can understand how each area of the supply chain interacts with and relies on the rest. They will help prepare you for a career that requires skills in business analysis, communication and teamwork, technological know-how, data processing, and leadership.
- Gain a broad education in several technical and management areas
- Work with and learn from professors who are at the forefront of supply chain management
- Learn to solve problems with commonly used enterprise software systems prized by industry
- Take advantage of highly active student organization with industry support for competitions, travel to conferences, internships and international travel opportunities
- Study Abroad in Munich without delaying your graduation date
Utilize the Polytechnic learning environment to become a career-ready graduate
ATTN: ID students
Current industrial distribution (ID) students can use the same resources listed on this page. ID plans of study remain active for those students already enrolled at Purdue prior to the summer of 2015.
|Number of Graduates||Percent of Grads Reported||Placement Rate||Average Salary|
- Supply chain management and logistics
- Industrial distribution operations
- Human resource development
- Industrial training
- Quality management
- Inventory management
In addition to the fees charged to all Purdue students (technology fee, repair and rehabilitation fee, student fitness and wellness fee), students in the Purdue Polytechnic Institute pay a differential general service fee of $286.00 each semester.
Full information about tuition and fees is available on the Purdue Bursar’s Office Web site.
Add an international perspective to your education by taking advantage of study abroad opportunities. College-wide, there are approximately 50 programs that offer educational experiences in another country. Experiences can last a week, a month, a summer or a semester depending on the program. The list of study abroad programs, internship and service learning options is updated annually.
Check with your academic advisor for more information about fitting study abroad into your academic plan.
- New for Spring 2015: Study Abroad in Munich for a semester without delaying your graduation date.
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology: semester exchange
- Griffith Universityin Brisbane or Gold Coast, Australia: semester exchange
- Intern in Sydney, Australia: summer
- Technology, Innovation and Culture in Bavaria, Germany: spring break
- Dublin Institute of Technology: semester exchange
- London Internship Program: summer
- Hong Kong Polytechnic Institute: semester exchange
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology: semester exchange
- Cost: Students who participate in study abroad pay Purdue tuition for most programs. Financial aid also applies in most cases and many programs have scholarships and travel grants available. You can also get discounted student airfares.
- Class transfer: Programs have been designed so that there is minimal disruption to your academic plan. You will receive Purdue credits and grades for all approved courses taken overseas.
- Language requirements: Over half of the study abroad programs do not require a foreign language, and there are English speaking programs in non-English speaking countries. Check the individual program requirements.
- Effects on graduation time: Adding a semester abroad should not impact your plan of study if you plan properly and early. There are several choices that are available - semester and academic year programs. Summer programs are 4-8 weeks long, and short-term programs are 1-3 weeks long. Sometimes there are programs during Spring Break, Maymester, and Summer Session.