Purdue University, recently ranked #5 among public institutions in the U.S. by the Wall Street Journal, is proud to announce the nomination and application process for the position of School Head, School of Construction Management Technology (SCMT) within the Polytechnic Institute at Purdue University West Lafayette main campus. The school is fully accredited by the ACCE with over 500 undergraduate students, 40 graduate students, with 19 full-time faculty members and an active connection with the construction industry including an industry advisory board consisting of 60+ companies and two career fairs with more than 180 company participants each semester. The school head reports directly to the dean of the Purdue Polytechnic Institute and is responsible for the administrative, budgetary, and personnel decisions within the school. More information on the School of Construction Management can be found at https://polytechnic.purdue.edu/schools/construction-management-technology.
The successful candidate will advance a culture of academic excellence and build upon an excellent construction management program, including an exceptional undergraduate and graduate curriculum, an advanced research program, and a strong relationship with the construction industry and will teach as appropriate.
- Be recognized for scholarly achievement, have achieved a Ph.D. degree (construction or related field) have the qualifications for appointment as a full professor.
- Have relevant experience in construction management education.
- Demonstrate a high level of construction industry understanding gained through industry /research experience.
- Demonstrate a commitment to students and student learning at the collegiate level.
- Exhibit interpersonal and intrapersonal skills with regards to team building and responsible delegation.
- Have proven skills as an effective and visionary leader with competencies in administration, teaching, fiscal management, facilitation of grants, and development.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead / mentor faculty in the areas of learning, discovery and engagement.
- Have a proven record of management experience with an understanding of interaction with diverse groups of internal and external constituents.
The SCMT is currently transforming its curriculum to include more project based, real-world learning with vertical and horizontal integration of construction management competencies and student learning outcomes. A successful candidate will continue support of this transformation while cultivating an innovative learning environment that encourages faculty to engage in discovery and develop new connections with the construction industry.
The SCMT is committed to advancing diversity in all areas of faculty effort, including scholarship, instruction, and engagement. Candidates should address all of these areas in their application documents, indicating how their past experiences, current interests and activities, and/or future goals could promote a work climate that values diversity and inclusion.
All questions should be directed to Dr. Manoj Patankar at firstname.lastname@example.org Please place "SCMT Head Position" as the subject of the email. Screening of applicants will begin January 15, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled. The anticipated start date is July 1, 2019. Electronic submission of documents with attached PDF files is encouraged.
Candidates should send a letter of application, curriculum vitae and other supporting documentation, including the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references to: SCMT Head Search Chair, via Search Committee Administrative Assistant, at SCMTheadsearch@purdue.edu. A background check is required for employment of this position.
Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.