The Instruction Specialist works in the Machining/Fabrication labs associated with the School of Engineering Technology. Provides both instructional and operational support services for course delivery and assists students with projects. Uses skills as a machinist, providing direct support to faculty, staff, and students in the school’s formal instructional labs for machining and fabrication undergraduate courses in Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of prior experience related to CNC machining, or an equivalent combination of work and education.
- Strong initiative with an ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Programming skills related to CAD/CAM and CNC machines.
- All new hires will be expected to follow Protect Purdue guidelines. To learn more, visit https://bit.ly/3DH3z6f
- To learn more about Purdue’s benefits summary https://bit.ly/3t7vcRd
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position https://bit.ly/3t7vcRd
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
Learn more and apply at https://careers.purdue.edu/job/West-Lafayette-MET-Machining-Instruction-...