The Student Success Specialist initiates, creates, and manages student-facing support activities within an academic unit, including activities related to recruiting, retention, diversity, inclusivity, mentoring, first-year experience, learning communities, co-curricular organizations, summer opportunities, co-ops student awards, and scholarships. This position also enhances the efforts of, and makes referrals to, university support offices providing centralized student success services. Responsible for the creation and implementation of student recruiting activities within the academic unit in collaboration with university and college admissions recruiting activities. This position will coordinate activities designed to create and sustain a culture that promotes student diversity and inclusivity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Education, or related field.
- 4-5 years of prior experience related to student services, education, or similar field.
- Strong initiative with an ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Familiarity with higher education student success issues and programs, student retention tools, and academic and co-curricular activities.
- Ability to manage projects and processes involving multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to relate well to students, develop rapport, trust, and work within a shared decision-making model with the students.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from different viewpoints and backgrounds and teamwork in daily work activity.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and implement university policies and procedures.
- Excellent time management, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must represent the university with professionalism, tact, and diplomacy at all levels.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours and travel, as business need dictates.
- Experience serving on a student support team in an educational setting.
- All new hires will be expected to follow Protect Purdue guidelines. To learn more, visit https://bit.ly/3DH3z6f
- To learn more about Purdue’s benefits summary https://bit.ly/3t7vcRd
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position https://bit.ly/3t7vcRd
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
Typically requires a Bachelor's degree
Minimum of 4 to 5 years of experience