Provide academic and career counseling for current and prospective undergraduate students of the Purdue College of Technology at Richmond. Duties include recruiting, admitting, registering, and counseling students, maintaining academic records, maintaining compliance with Veterans' Affairs requirements; and participating in recruiting, outreach, and placement programs. Data collection and reporting, and print media development required. Serve as a liaison between College of Technology at Richmond and academic department offices and other related offices of Purdue University's West Lafayette campus and Indiana University Richmond.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two years of student services related work experience.
- Ability to function independently, possess strong organizational skills and be able to take ideas from the thinking stage to the implementation phase.
- Skills in public relations and relating to students and a wide range of constituencies.
- Ability to solve a wide range of problems from simple to complex.
- Ability to troubleshoot financial aid and registration problems.
- High degree of patience and persistence to work with both IU staff and West Lafayette personnel.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of word processing and database management.
- Ability to learn and adhere to University policies and practices.
- Ability to foster a positive, participative work ethic.
- A valid US or Canadian driver’s license is necessary for employment in this position.
- Ability to lift and carry 10-25 pounds frequently and 40 pounds occasionally.
Degree in Organizational Leadership, Business Management, Marketing, Humanities, Social Sciences, Student Personnel or related field
Experience in student services, admissions, and/or academic advising.
Desktop publishing skills.
This position is located in Richmond, Indiana.
Morning, evenings, and weekend work is often needed for events and meetings.
A valid US or Canadian driver’s license is necessary travel in this position.
A background check will be required for employment in this position.
FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.