The Center for Professional Studies in Technology and Applied Research (ProSTAR) continues to expand its offering of master's degrees for working professionals. Seven programs are accepting applications for Fall 2013, including a new focus on biometrics.
Four of the programs follow the hybrid weekend/distance format, which includes three weekends a semester on campus. These programs can be completed in 22 months (four semesters). This format provides face-to-face contact with faculty, networking with fellow students, and distance learning tools between campus weekends. Programs include:
- Leadership: develop skills that fit any leadership position in this human capital-based program.
- Industrial Technology: develop leadership, technology and business skills for industry in this quantitative-based program.
- Biometrics: focus on the growing use of biometrics and identity management.
- Industrial Distribution for Executives: focus on tools needed by industrial distribution executives in business strategy and leadership.
Two programs are offered entirely online and at your own pace (though it is recommended they be completed in 2-5 years). They offer a high degree of flexibility, no travel to campus and access anywhere you are. Programs include:
- Aviation Management: learn management and leadership skills for positions within aviation-related fields.
- IT Project Management: learn detailed project management skills specifically for information technology professional.
The Building Construction Management (BCM) program is an online program structured to meet weekly. Classes are delivered live via Adobe connect to provide live interface with faculty and fellow students. The program can be complted in 22 months, and a four-day on-campus workshop takes place at the start of each fall semester.
- Building Construction Management: build leadership and management skills in construction management.
For more information on each of the programs, visit the ProSTAR web site.
Free webinars about the fall 2013 programs will be offered in the coming months. You can request to be notified by emailing ProSTAR@purdue.edu or calling (888) 801-6266 (toll-free)