European Alliance Summer Program in Sustainability in Ireland
Click HERE to enroll in this program!
During the course of two weeks, the Alliance Summer Program is offering you the chance to develop your creative thinking, to be a specialist in your field of research and perform under real life working conditions. Among other things, you will meet students and teachers from all over the world, work across multidisciplinary fields and acquire useful experience in preparation for the
future. Which will also be a good addition to your CV!
Technical University of Dublin (TUDublin) is organizing the Alliance summer program in collaboration with its alliance partner universities.
The purpose of the summer program is to bring together students from the 5 universities, allocate them in multi-discipline, multi-cultural work teams, and to immerse them in a 2-week project-based learning experience.
Objectives include, but are not limited to:
1. Collaborate with faculty from strategic partner universities to provide team-facilitated, projects-based learning.
2. Provide the environment for students from the participating universities to gain experience in working with multi-cultural, multi-discipline work teams.
3. Provide students with "messy, sticky, and wicked" real-world problems and challenges with which they can engage, explore, and create real-world solutions.
4. Collaborate with participating faculty to create a body of knowledge on how to create and execute a learning environment designed to ensure optimal learning experiences.
5. Provide students with the opportunity to present their projects and findings at the international EU Alliance conference to be held at the end of the 2-week period.
6. Create an interdisciplinary learning experience, for and from Purdue students and Strategic Partner universities' students.
Sunday, May 24th
Travel to Dublin
Monday, May 25th
Orientation to Program
Introductory Lectures – Sponsoring EU Alliance Faculty
Tuesday, May 26th
Wednesday, May 27th
Thursday, May 28th
Projects Work & Site Visits
Friday, May 29th
Saturday, May 30th
Host University sponsored Cultural Excursion
Sunday, May 31st
Student Exploration of Dublin
Monday, June 1st
Tuesday, June 2nd
Projects Wrap-Up and Rehearsal
Wednesday, June 3rd
All participants attend EU Alliance Conference
Thursday, June 4th
Student Team Presentations at EU Alliance Conference
Friday, June 5th
Faculty Feedback and Program Debrief with Students
Saturday, June 6th
Return travel to U.S.
Cost is approximately $1,250 plus the flight.
Contact program leader Kirk Alter via email with your questions.