Dr. Baijian "Justin" Yang is currently an Associate Professor of Computer and Information Technology at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana. Dr. Yang has a diverse skill set in computer and information technology. He is the lead author of two books on Windows Phone Programming and he holds a number of industry certifications such as CISSP, MCSE, and Six Sigma Black Belt. His recent research interests are in cybersecurity, cybersecurity education, big data security analysis, SDN, Internet of things, and cloud computing. Dr. Yang is currently a board member of the Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE). He is also a member of IEEE Cybersecurity Initiative Steering Committee and the project lead of IEEE Try-CybSI.
- PhD (Computer Science), Michigan State University East Lansing, MI, 2002.
- MS (Automation), Tsinghua University Beijing, China, 1998.
- BS (Automation), Tsinghua University Beijing, China, 1995.
- Certified Information System Security Professionals (CISSP), 2007
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE), 1997
- Six Sigma Black Belt, 2010
- 2010 - Outstanding Teaching Award, Department of Technology, Ball State University
- Zhou, Z., Zhu, R., Zheng, P., and Yang, B, (2011) Windows Phone 7 Programming for Android and iOS Developers WROX.
- Yang, B., Zheng, P. and Ni, L.M., (2007) Professional Microsoft Smartphone Programming Wiley.
Serrano Aazco, M., Magana DeLeon, A. J., Yang, B. (2016). Employing Model-Eliciting Activities in Cybersecurity Education (pp. 9). ASEE.
Zhang, T., Yang, B. (2016). Box-Cox Transformation in Big Data. Technometrics. www.tandfonline.com/loi/utch20
Lerums, J., Yang, B., Dietz, J. E. (2016). Checking, Increasing, and Confirming a Smart Home’s IoT Security. ITERA 2016.
Wang, T., Yang, B., Hansen, R. A. (2016). Re-recognition of Http Strict Transport Security (HSTS). ITERA 2016.
Flory. T., Yang, B., Hansen, R. A. (2016). Torʼs Effect on User Experiences and Computer Performance While Browsing. ITERA 2016.
Yang, B., Zhang, T. (2016). A Scalable Meta-Model for Big Data Security Analyses. IEEE BigDataSecurity 2016.
Seaton, B., Yang, B. (2015). Developing a BYOD Deployment Strategy in an Enterprise Environment (pp. 244-259). Pittsburgh, PA: ATMAE 2015.
Brooks, M., Yang, B. (2015). A Man-in-the-Middle attack against OpenDayLight SDN controller (pp. 45-49). Chicago, IL: ACM RIIT 2015.
Hands, N., Yang, B., Hansen, R. A. (2015). A Study on Botnets Utilizing DNS (pp. 23-28). Chicago, IL: ACM RIIT 2015.
Ansari, F.+, Yang, B., (June. 2015), A Pilot Study on VM Template Authentication, Proceedings of ASEE, Seattle, WA
Wang, W.+, Yang, B., and Chen, Y., (May. 2015), A Visual Analytics based approach on detecting Server Redirections and Data Exfiltration, Proceedings of IEEE ISI 2015, Baltimore, MD
Flory, C., Yang, B., (March 2015), SIM Cards: A Threat to Network Security?, Proceedings of ITERA 2015, Arlington, VA
Tian, C*., Yang, B*., Zhong, J., and Liu, X. (Nov 2014). Trust-based incentive mechanism to motivate cooperation in hybrid P2P networks. Computer Networks, Vol(73)., pp. 244-255.
Wang, W.+, Yang, B., and Chen, Y., (Oct. 2014), Detecting subtle port scans through characteristics based on interactive visualization, Proceedings of ACM RIIT 2014., pp 33-38, Atlanta, GA
Misata, K.+, Hansen, R., and Yang, B. (Oct. 2014), A taxonomy of privacy-protecting tools to browse the world wide web, Proceedings of ACM RIIT 2014., pp 33-38, Atlanta, GA
Tian, C*., Yang, B*. (July 2012). A D-S evidence theory based fuzzy trust model in file-sharing P2P networks. Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications.
Kambic, J., Smith, A., and Yang, B..(April 2013) An Introduction to SCADA/ICS Systems and the Security Surrounding Them. ITERA 2013, Cincinnati, OH
- X. Wang, S. Li, M. Li and B. Yang (2012). Cable-Based Moving Reachability with Mobile Sensors. Ad hoc & Sensor Wireless Networks Old City Publishing., Vol 14, Number 3-4, 227-250.
- C. Tian and B. Yang (2011). R2 Trust, a Reputation and Risk based Trust management Framework for Large-scale, Fully Decentralized Overlay Networks. Future Generation Computer Systems, 27(8), 1135-1141.
- Mirzoev, T., Yang, B., Davis, M., Williams, T. (2011). A Case Study on Virtual and Physical I/O Throughputs. Journal of Industrial Technology
- B. Yang and D. Hua (2011). Storing and Maintaining Virtual Machines in Computer Technology Labs. 2011 ATMAE Conference Proceedings Papers (pp.92-101).
- T. Mirzoev and B. Yang (2010). Securing Virtualized Datacenters. International Journal of Engineering Research & Innovation (IJERI), Spring 2010, 23-29.
- Y. He, H. Ren, Y. Liu, and B. Yang (2009). On the reliability of large-scale distributed systems – A topological view. Computer Networks, Vol. 53 Issue 12, 2140 - 2152.
- Xu, L., Chen, G., Yin, X., Yang, P., and Yang, B (2009). LORP: A Load-balancing Based Optimal Routing Protocol for Sensor Networks with Bottlenecks. Proceedings of the 2009 IEEE Conference on Wireless Communications & Networking Conference (pp.2438-2443). Budapest, Hungary.
- Yang, Z., Xu, B., Ye, S., and Yang, B (2009). tk-converage: Time-based K-coverage for energy efficient monitoring. The 15th International Conference on Parallel Processing and Distributed Systems (ICPADS’09)
- Yang, B, and Gao, T (2008). Enhancing Network Availability and Security Via Multi-homed Virtual Private Networks. International Journal of Modern Engineering
- Yang, Z, Xu, B, Yang, B, Dai, J, and Gu, T (2008). PAS: Prediction-based Adaptive Sleeping for Diffusion Stimulus Monitoring Sensor Networks. Ad Hoc & Sensor Wireless Networks, Vol 15, 235-246.
- Yang, B. (2007). Project teaches students to diagnose an ailing Windows OS. Techdirections (pp.23-26).
- Dai, J, Yang, B. and Wong, C (2007). Design a Building Intelligence Management System with SOA and RFID Technology. International Conference on Software Engineering Research and Practice (SERP’07)
- Zhang, Y., Huai, J., Liu, Y. Lin, L. and Yang, B. (2006). A framework to Provide Trust and Incentive in CROWN Grid for Dynamic Resource Management. The 15th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN) (pp.390-395). Arlington, VA.
- Muravsky*, A. and Yang, B (2006). Server-features Performance Evaluation of Node in P2P Networks. The 10th World Multi-Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics, and Informatics, Vol 3,263-266.
- Li, M and Yang, B (2006). A Survey on Topology Issues in Wireless Sensor Network. Proceedings of the 2006 International Conference on Wireless Networks (pp.467-473).
- Cheng, D., Han, J., Li, M. and Yang, B (2006). Achieving Anonymous Communication in Ad Hoc Netowrks. The Proceedings of International Conference on Communications, Circuits, and Systems, Vol 3, 1547-1551.
- Yang, B., and Hua, D. (2006). OS and Application Management in a Dynamic Classroom Environment. 2006 NAIT Selected Papers Cleveland, OH.
- Yang, B. and Gao, T (2006). Building a Secure and Reliable Network via Multi-homed VPNs. International Conference on Engineering & Technology (IJME) Union, NJ.
- Liu, Y., Xiao, L., Ni, L.M., and Yang, B. (2004). Efficient Gnutella-like P2P Overlay Construction. IFIP International Conference on Network and Parallel Computing Wuhan, China.
- Yang, B. and Mohapatra P (Aug 2004). DifferServ-Aware Multicasting. Journal of High-Speed Networks, Vol 13, No. 1, 37-57.
- Yang, B. and Mohapatra P (Feb 2004). Multicasting in MPLS domains. Journal of Computer Communications, Vol 27, Issue 2, 162-170.
- Yang, B., Esfahanian, A. H., Ni, L.M. and Mohapatra P (2003). A Tree Building Technique for Overlay Multicasting in DiffServ Domain. International Conference on Internet Computing(pp.893-899).
- Yang, B. and Mohapatra, P. (2002). Multicasting in Differentiated Service Domain. Proceedings of Global Telecommunications Conference (pp.2074-2078).taiwan.
- Yang, B. and Mohapatra, P. (2002). Edge Router Multicasting with MPLS Traffic Engineering. Proceedings of 10th IEEE International Conference On Networks (pp.43-48).Singapore.
- Cao, H., Yang, B. Luo, Y., Yang, S. and Peng, Y. (1997). A Practical approach for job-shop scheduling problems using genetic algorithm. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference On Intelligent Processing Systems Beijing, China., Vol. 1, 543-547.
- ATAME, President of EECT division, 2010-2012
- IEEE Computer Society