BS, MS, PhD Industrial Engineering from The University of Texas at Arlington.
Research areas: sustainability analysis in aviation, aviation emissions analysis, aviation fuels testing and analysis, general aviation data analysis, strategic justification of technologies, and enterprise performance and improvement.
FAA Center of Excellence for General Aviation Research known as PEGASAS, www.pegasas.aero, leadership team.
Air Transportation Institute for Environmental Sustainability (AirTIES), Engineering Director.
National Test Facility for Fuels and Propulsion (NaTeF), Emissions analysis lead.
Current graduate courses: Aviation Sustainability, Quality and Productivity in Industry, Process Improvement and Simulation, Strategic Decision-making.
Industry course development and delivery in statistical data analysis, design of experiments, statistical process control, ISO9001 quality management systems, enterprise integration, and Lean Six Sigma. Taught Black Belt, Master Black Belt, and Green Belt LSS courses.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Peace, H., Fordham, D. (et al. Johnson, M.E.). (2012). ACRP Report 02-23: Alternative Fuels as a Means of Reducing PM2.5 at Airports. Transportation Research Board Airport Cooperative Research Program (TRB – ACRP). The TRB is a member of The National Academies.
- Shila, Jacob J. and Johnson, Mary E. (2016). Estimation and Comparison of Particle Number Emission Factors for Petroleum-based and Camelina Biofuel Blends used in a Honeywell TFE-109 Turbofan Engine, 54th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, AIAA SciTech, (AIAA 2016-2124). http://dx.doi.org/10.2514/6.2016-2124
- Rudari, L. and Johnson, M.E. (2015). Sustainability reporting practices of Group III U.S. air carriers. International Journal of Aviation, Aerospace, and Aeronautics 2(2), Article 5. 20 pp. http://dx.doi.org/10.15394/ijaaa.2015.1066
- Johnson, M., Hudson, S., Kimble-Thom, M. and Winter, S. (2011). Alternative Aviation Fuels and Sustainability, Proceedings of the University Aviation Association Annual Conference, Indianapolis, IN. September 2011.
- Johnson, M., Rudari, L., Huang, C. (2016) Aviation Sustainability workshop. University Aviation Association Fall Education Conference, Omaha, NE. Sept 28-Oct 1.
- Muia, Maria and Johnson, Mary. (2015). ACRP Report 129: Evaluating Methods for Counting Aircraft Operations at Non-Towered Airports. TRB Airport Cooperative Research Program (TRB – ACRP).
Rudari, L., Sperlak, L. A., Geske, R. C., Jones, G. E., & Johnson, M. E. (2014, September). The Sustainability of FAR Part 117 Flight and Duty Limitation and Rest Requirements for Flight Crewmembers. In Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting (Vol. 58, No. 1, pp. 1969-1973). SAGE Publications.
- Johnson, M., Zhao, X., Faulkner, B., and Young, J. (2016). Statistical Models of Runway Incursions Based on Runway Intersections and Taxiways. Journal of Aviation Technology and Engineering, 5(2), 24 pp., http://dx.doi.org/10.7771/2159-6670.1121
- Marshall, Brandeis, Johnson, Mary, Magikar, Aditi, Ghanekar, Anuya, Mathew, Ian, Delaveau, Ludovic, Budhiraju, Raghava, and Chapparala, Ramya. (2012). Flight Data Analyzer using Twitter. Journal of Emerging Trends in Computing and Information Sciences, 3(6), June 2012.
- Morell, A. J., Johnson, M. E., Schmidt, E. K., & Suckow, M. W. (2008). Development of safety event metrics for an aviation organization, International Journal of Modern Engineering, 9(1), 35 – 41.
University Aviation Association (UAA).
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA).