Kereshmeh Afsari is Assistant Professor in the School of Construction Management Technology and the Department of Computer Graphics Technology. Her research interests include applications of computational science to building design, construction, and operations with implications for smart living built environment. She is actively involved in the development of the next generation Cloud-BIM solutions and interoperability.
Dr. Afsari has more than five years of experience in design and construction management in numerous projects such as health care, higher education, commercial, residential, and industrial buildings. She also has five years of experience in the AEC technology development and has worked at Georgia Tech's Digital Building Lab, Autodesk Inc., Perkins+Will, and SmartBIM to develop new AEC technologies and BIM methodologies.
- Computational Science in Building Design, Construction, and Operations
- Building Information Modeling (BIM) Technologies
- Cloud-BIM and Internet of Things (IoT)
- BIM Standardization and Interoperability
- Smart Living Built Environment
- Custom Tools, Automation, and Robotics
- Computational Technology in Education
- Sustainable Design and Construction
- Value Engineering in Building Design and Construction
- Construction Data Validation and Automated Rule Checking
Ph.D. Architecture (Design Computation), Georgia Institute of Technology, 2017
M.S. Digital Architectural Design, University of Salford, UK, 2012
Master of Architecture (Joint Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree), Iran University of Science and Technology, Iran, 2004
- Afsari K., Eastman C., and Shelden Dennis (2017) “Building Information Modeling data interoperability for Cloud-based collaboration: Limitations and opportunities”, International Journal of Architectural Computing, SAGE
- Afsari K, Swarts ME, Gentry TR (2014) “Integrated Generative Technique for Interactive Design of Brickwork”, Journal of Information Technology in Construction Vol. 19, Special Issue Emerging digital technologies and innovations, p. 225-247.
- Afsari K. & Eastman C. (2016) “Data Transmission Opportunities for Collaborative Cloud-Based Building Information Modeling”, XX Congress of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Afsari K., Eastman C., Shelden D. (2016) “Cloud-based BIM Data Transmission: Current Status and Challenges”, International Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction (ISARC), Auburn, Alabama.
- Afsari K. & Eastman C. (2016) “Consolidated Exchange Models for Implementing Precast Concrete Model View Definition”, International Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction (ISARC), Auburn, Alabama.
- Afsari K. & Eastman, C. (2016) “A Comparison of Construction Classification Systems Used for Classifying Building Product Models”, International Conference of the Associated Schools of Construction. Provo, Utah.
- Afsari K. & Eastman, C. (2014) “Categorization of Building Product Models in BIM Content Library Portals”, In Proceedings of the XVIII Conference of the Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics: Design in Freedom, Blucher Design Proceedings, Vol.1, n.8. Sao Paulo: Blucher, pp. 370-374.
- Afsari K., Swarts ME, Gentry TR (2014) “Integrated Generative Technique for Interactive Design of Brickwork”, ASCAAD 7th international conference 2014: Digital crafting: Virtualizing Architecture and Delivering Real Built Environment, Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.