Research Publications and Presentations
- Taylor, K.D.*, Thomson, K & Wilkinson, D. (2005). Project Lead the Way®: Teaching Technology in U.S. High Schools [CDROM: 18.pdf] GCETE 2005 – Global Congress on Engineering and Technology Education. Santos, Brazil.
- Mironovova, E., Taylor, K., Walekova, G. (2004). On-line international Internet meetings on professional issues [CDROM: F:\ – 4 pages] Proceedings of ICL 2004. International Conference on Interactive Computer Aided Learning, Villach, Austria ISBN: 3-89958-089-3.
- Taylor, K.D.*, Denton, J.P. & Perusich, K.A. (2004). A distance education course with both lecture and laboratory Components [CDROM: F:\Proceedings\index.htm – 6 pages]. iCEER 2004 International Conference on Engineering Education. iNEER Conference on Engineering Education and Research, Olomouc, Czech Republic.
- Taylor, K.* & Mironovová E. (2002). An update on a US-Slovak collaboration [CDROM: \html\Papers\O119.pdf – 3 pages]. ICEE 2002 International Conference on Engineering Education. International Conference on Engineering Education, Manchester,UK.
- Kubik, S.* & Taylor, K. (2001). Distance education at Purdue University – School of Technology. Schola Conference Proceedings (pp. 170-174). Trnava, Slovakia.
- Taylor. K. (2001). International collaborations: Barriers and benefits. Co-Mat-Tech Conference Proceedings (pp. 630-635). Trnava, Slovakia.
- Taylor, K.* & Mironovová E. (2001). Using technical English in an international collaboration [CDROM:\papers\212.pdf – 4 pages]. ICEE 2001 Annual Conference Proceedings. International Conference on Engineering Education, Oslo, Norway.
- Mironovová E.* & Taylor, K. (2001). Multimedia in engineering information transfer within international student collaboration. Proceedings of the 2nd International DETECH Workshop (pp.199-202), Maribor, Slovenia.
- Taylor, K.* & Mironovová E. (2000). A model for an international collaborative student experience. 2nd Global Congress on Engineering Education Proceedings (pp. 323-325). Wismar, Germany: UNESCO International Centre for Engineering Education.
- Homkes* R., Morales, C., Taylor, K., & Foster, G. (2000). Implementing a VISION for the future of engineering and technology education. 2nd Global Congress on Engineering Education Proceedings (pp. 226-230). Wismar, Germany: UNESCO International Centre for Engineering Education.
- Taylor, K., O’Connor, T., Herrick, R. (2003). Lab Manual to Accompany DC/AC Circuit: Principles and Applications. Clifton Park, NY: Thomson Delmar Learning
- Yanzhe Cui, Richard M Voyles, Josh T Lane, Akshay Krishnamoorthy, Mohammad H Mahoor, "A mechanism for real-time decision making and system maintenance for resource constrained robotic systems through ReFrESH," Autonomous Robots, v. 39, n. 4, 2015, pp. 487-502
- Yanzhe Cui, Joshua T Lane, Richard M Voyles, "Real-time software module design framework for building self-adaptive robotic systems," Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2015 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on, 2015, pp. 2597-2602.
- Guangying Jiang, Richard M Voyles, "Dexterous UAVs for Precision Low-Altitude Flight," in Handbook of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, 2015, Springer Netherlands, pp. 207-237.
- R.A. Nawrocki, R.M. Voyles, S.E. Shaheen, "Neurons in Polymer: Hardware Neural Units Based on Polymer Memristive Devices and Polymer Transistors," in IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, v. 61, n. 10, 2014, pp. 3513 - 3519.
- R.A. Nawrocki, E.M. Gallager, D.P. Ostrowski, B.A. Bailey, X. Jiang, R.M. Voyles, N. Kopidakis, D.C. Olson, S.E. Shaheen, "An inverted, organic WORM device based on PEDOT:PSS with very low turn-on voltage," in Organic Electronics, v. 15, n. 8, 2014, pp. 1791-1798.
- Y. Cui, R.M. Voyles, R.A. Nawrocki, and G. Jiang, " Morphing Bus: A New Paradigm in Peripheral Interconnect Bus," in IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology, v. 4, n. 2, 2014, pp. 341-351.
- S. Althloothi, M.H. Mahoor, R.M. Voyles, "A Robust Method for Rotation Estimation Using Spherical Harmonics Representation," in IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, v. 22, n. 6, 2013, pp. 2306-2316.
- S. Althloothi, M.H. Mahoor, R.M. Voyles, "Fitting distal limb segments for accurate skeletonization in human action recognition," in Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments, v. 4, n. 2, 2012, pp. 107-121.
- R.M. Voyles, J. Bae, A.C. Larson, and M.A. Ayad, "Wireless video sensor networks for sparse, resource-constrained, multi-robot teams," in Journal of Intelligent Service Robots, v. 2, n.4, 2009, pp. 235-246.
- R. Voyles and H. Choset, "Editorial: Search and Rescue Robots," guest editors for the Special Issue on Search and Rescue Robots, Journal of Field Robotics, v. 25, n. 1/2, Jan./Feb. 2008.
- Y. Sun, K. Kim, R. Voyles, and B. Nelson, "Calibration of Multi-Axis MEMS Force Sensors Using the Shape from Motion Method," in IEEE Sensors Journal, v. 7, No. 3, pp. 344-351, 2007.
- M. Schrameck, R. Bodor, R. Voyles, "Automatic Euclidean Reconstruction for Turntable Sequences by Indirect Epipolar Search Between Pairs of Views," in Image and Vision Computing, v. 24, n. 7, July, pp. 693-708, 2006.
- A.C. Larson, G.K. Demir, and R.M. Voyles, "Terrain Classification Using Weakly-Structured Vehicle/Terrain Interaction ," in Autonomous Robots, v. 19, pp. 41-52, 2005.
- R.M. Voyles and S. Hulst, "Micro/Macro Force-Servoed Gripper for Precision Photonics Assembly and Analysis, Robotica, v. 23, n. 4, July, 2005, pp 401-408.
- A. Larson and R. Voyles, "TerminatorBot: A Novel Robot with Dual-Use Mechanism for Locomotion and Manipulation," in IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, v. 10, n. 1, pp. 17-25, 2005.
- P.E. Rybski, N.P. Papanikolopoulos, S. A. Stoeter, D.G. Krantz, K.B. Yesin, M. Gini, R. Voyles, D.F. Hougen, B. Nelson and M.D. Erickson, "Enlisting Rangers and Scouts for Reconnaissance and Surveillance," in IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, v. 7, n. 4, pp. 14-24, Dec. 2000.
- R. Singh, R.M. Voyles, D. Littau, and N.P. Papanikolopoulos, "Shape Morphing-Based Control of Robotic Visual Servoing," in Autonomous Robots, v. 10, n. 3, pp 317-338, 2001.
- R.M. Voyles and P.K. Khosla, " A Multi-Agent System for Programming Robots by Human Demonstration," in Integrated Computer-Aided Engineering, v. 8, n. 1, pp. 59-67, 2001.
- R.M. Voyles, J.D. Morrow, and P.K. Khosla, " Gesture-Based Programming for Robotics: Human Augmented Software Adaptation,," special issue of IEEE Intelligent Systems on self-adaptive software, v. 14, n. 6, 1999, pp. 22-29.
- R.M. Voyles, J.D. Morrow, and P.K. Khosla, " Towards Gesture-Based Programming: Shape from Motion Primordial Learning of Sensorimotor Primitives," special issue of the Journal of Robotics and Autonomous Systems on robot learning, v. 22, n. 3-4, Dec. 1997, pp. 361-375.
- R.M. Voyles, Jr., J.D. Morrow and P.K. Khosla, " The Shape from Motion Approach to Rapid and Precise Force/Torque Sensor Calibration," in Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, v. 119, n. 2, June, 1997, pp. 229-235.
Invited presentation to 53rd annual conference for metallurgists, Vancouver, 2014
Presentation to NADCA conference, Milwaukee, 2014
Invited presentation to 54th annual conference for metallurgists, Toronto, 2015 (coming in September)
Presentation to Ti-2015 by TMS, San Diego, 2015 (coming in September)
Invited presentation to TMS 2016 Nashville Tennessee, February 2016
Organizer of Symposium of Light Metal Technology, Materials Science and Engineering 2016, Slat Lake City, Utah, October 2016
Refereed Journal Papers:
(1) Wan, Y., Zhang, H. H., French, R. M. (2015). Adjustable Fractional Order Adaptive Control on Single-Delay Regenerative Machining Chatter, Journal of Fractional Calculus and Applications, 6(1), 185-207
(2) Zhang, Z., & Zhang, H. H. (2014). Viscoelastic Parameter Identification Based Structure-thermal Analysis of Rubber Bushing, Global Journal of Researches in Engineering, 14(3), ??
(3) Zhang, Z., Wu, P., & Zhang, H. H. (2014). Contact Stress Analysis of Interference Fit between V-band Clamp and Piping Systems, International Journal of Engineering and Innovation, 4(3), ??
(4) Zhang Z., Wu, P., Zhang, H. H. (2014). Mechanism and Effect of Mallet Tapping on Contact Stress Distribution between V-band Clamp and Piping Systems, International Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management, 5(2), ??
(5) Du, J., Wang, S., Zhang, H. H. (2013). Layered Clustering Multi-fault Diagnosis for Hydraulic Piston Pump, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 36(2), 487-504.
(6) Liang, R., Ye, W., Zhang, H. H., & Yang, Q. (2012). The Thermal Error Optimization Models for CNC Machine Tools, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, December, 63(9), 1167-1176.
(7) Ligata, H., & Zhang, H. H. (2012). Geometric Definition and Contact Analysis of Spherical Involute Straight Bevel Gears, International Journal of Industrial Engineering & Production Research (IJIEPR), 23(2), 101 – 111.
(8) McHugh, R., & Zhang, H. H. (2011). Virtual Prototyping of Mechatronics for 21st Century Engineering and Technology, International Journal of Engineering Research & Innovation, 3(2), 69–75.
(9) Zhang, H. (2011). Machining Chatter Suppression via Lyapunov Stability Based Model Reference Adaptive Control, International Journal on Intelligent Technologies and Engineering Systems, 1(1), 39–47.
(10) Wan, Y., Zhang, H., & French, M. (2011). Fractional Order PID Design for Nonlinear Motion Control Based on Adept 550 Robot, International Journal of Modern Engineering, 12(1), 11–19.
(11) Ligata, H., & Zhang, H. (2011). Overview and Design of Near-net Formed Spherical Involute Straight Bevel Gears, International Journal of Modern Engineering, 11(2), 47–53.
(12) Zhang, H. (2010). PID Controller Design for A Nonlinear Motion Control Based on Modeling the Dynamics of Adept 550 Robot, International Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management, 1(1), 19–27.
(13) Zhang, H., & Ni, J. (2010). Internal Energy Based Analysis on Mechanism of Spindle Speed Variation for Regenerative Chatter Control, Journal of Vibration and Control, 16(2), 281–301.
(14) Zhang, H., Jackson, M. J., & Ni, J. (2009). Stability Analysis on Spindle Speed Variation Method for Machining Chatter Suppression, International Journal of Machining and Machinability of Materials – Special Issue on ‘Next Generation Grinding Wheels’, 5(1), 107 – 128.
(15) Zhang, H., Jackson, M. J., & Ni, J. (2009). Machining Stability Based on Phase Difference and Its Sensitivity, Journal of Manufacturing Technology Research, 1(1/2), 1–20.
(16) Kasparian, V. S., Batur, C., & Zhang, H., Joseph Padovan (1994). Davidon Least Squares Based Learning Algorithm for Feedforward Neural Networks, International Journal of Neural Networks, 7(4), 661–670.
(17) Lin, Y. J., & Zhang, H. (1993). Simplification of Manipulator Dynamic Formulations Utilizing A Dimensionless Method, Robotica, Cambridge University Press, 11(2), 139–147.
(18) Zhang, H., Lu, Y., & Chen, Z. (1988). Wear Study of Piston and Cylinder Pole of a Piston Pump, J. of Hydraulics and Pneumatics, 1. (in Chinese)
(19) Zhang, H., Lu, Y., & Chen, Z. (1987). On Reliability of Hydraulic Pump, J. of Hydraulic Industry, 1. (in Chinese)
Refereed Conference or Symposium Proceedings Papers:
(1) Li, Y., Zhang, H. H., Liao C. (2014), (MSEC2014-4221). Geometric Parameter Optimization in Cutting Force Model for Deep-hole Drilling, Proceedings of the ASME 14th International Manufacturing Science and Engineering Conference, June 9-13, Detroit, Michigan, USA.
(2) Ashish Vora, Haotian Wu, Chuang Wang (Purdue), Yili Qian (MIT), Greg Shaver, Vahid Motevalli, Oleg Wasynczuk, Haiyan Zhang, (SAE 2014-01-1906), Development of a SIL, HIL and Vehicle Test-bench for Model-based Design and Validation of Hybrid Powertrain Control Strategies, SAE Annual Meeting 2014
(3) Haotian Wu, Haiyan Zhang, Vahid Motevalli, Yili Qian, Alexander Wolfe, (2013, April), Hybrid Electric Vehicle Powertrain Controller Development Using Hardware in the Loop Simulation, SAE 2013 World Congress and Exhibition, Detroit, Michigan, USA.
(4) Dietz, E., Kane, M., Motevalli, V., Price, B., Richardson, J., Schmidt, J., & Zhang, H. (alphabetical order) (2011, April). Application of Electric Vehicle System Design to Grand Prix EV, SAE 2011 World Congress and Exhibition, Detroit, Michigan, USA.
(5) Zhang, H. (2010, December). Model Reference Adaptive Controller Design for Machining Chatter Control, International Conference on Manufacturing and Engineering Systems 2010, Taiwan, Republic of China.
(6) McHugh, R., & Zhang, H. (2010, April). Virtual Prototyping of Mechatronics for 21st Century Engineering and Technology, ASEE IL/IN Sectional Conference, West Lafayette, Indiana, April 9–10, 2010.
(7) Zhang, H., & Haran, T. (2009, November). A New Type of Digital Valve Actuated by Piezoelectric Ultrasonic Motor, Proceedings of the Second Workshop on Digital Fluid Power, Linz, Austria.
(8) Zhang, H. (2008, October). A Model-Based Multidisciplinary Correspondent Methodology for Design-by-Analogy, 2008 ASEE North Midwest Section Conference, Educating the Engineer of 2020, Platteville, Wisconsin, USA.
(9) Zhang, H., & Ni, J. (1995, May). Phase Difference And Its Sensitivity Analysis for a Nonlinear Machining Chatter Model, Transactions of North American Manufacturing Research Institution / Society of Manufacturing Engineers (NAMRI/SME), Vol. 23 (pp. 131–136). Houghton, Michigan, USA.
(10) Zhang, H., Ni, J., & Shi, H. (1994, May). Machining Chatter Suppression by Means of Spindle Speed Variation – Part II: The Experimental Investigation, Proceedings of the first S.M. Wu Symposium on Manufacturing Science, Society of Manufacturing Engineers, Vol. 1 (pp. 169–175). Evanston, Illinois, USA.
(18 citations, per Google Scholar, March 25, 2012)
(11) Zhang, H., Ni, J., & Shi, H. (1994, May). Machining Chatter Suppression by Means of Spindle Speed Variation – Part I: The Numerical Simulation, Proceedings of the first S.M. Wu Symposium on Manufacturing Science, Society of Manufacturing Engineers, Vol. 1 (pp. 161–167). Evanston, Illinois, USA.
(18 citations, per Google Scholar, March 25, 2012)
(12) Batur, C., Zhang, H., Padovan, J., & Kasparian, V. S. (1992, June) Davidon Least Square Based Neural Network Learning Algorithms, Proceedings of the American Control Conference. Published by IEEE. Catalog Number 92CH3072-6 (pp. 973–978). Chicago, Illinois, USA.
(4 citations, per Google Scholar, March 25, 2012)
(13) Zhang, H., Lin, Y. J., & Xu, M. (1991, Nov.). Non-dimensional Method for Modeling and Simplification of Robot Manipulator Dynamics, Proceedings of 2nd National Applied Mechanics and Robotics Conference (pp. IIB.1-1 – 1-7). Cincinnati, Ohio, USA.
(1) Zhang, H. H., Tan, L. Z., Yu, W. L., Meskouri, M. S. (2015). Mechatronic System Design for a Solar Tracker, in Research in Robotics and Mechatronics, IGI Global Publisher, Maki Habib (Ed)
(2) Zhang, H. H., Rodriguez, D., & Li, Q. (2013). Mechatronics Technology for Solar Cells, in Anwar, S., Efstathiadis, H., & Qazi, S. (Eds.), Handbook of Research on Solar Energy Systems and Technologies (Chapter 12, pp. 309 – 320). IGI Global.
(3) Zhang, H. H., Ni, J., & Jackson, M. J. (2008), Machining Stability, in Jackson, M. J., & Morrell, J. S. (Eds.), Machining with Nanomaterials (Chapter 2, pp. 39 – 65). Springer.
(4) Zhang, H. H., Ni, J., & Jackson, M. J. (2008), Machining Chatter Suppression, in Jackson, M. J., & Morrell, J. S. (Eds.), Machining with Nanomaterials (Chapter 3, pp. 67 – 96). Springer.
- Optical Automatic Transmission Sensor, 65018.P1.US, (in process), December, 2007.
SELECT REFEREED JOURNAL ARTICLES
Top, M., Akdere, M., & Tarcan, M. (2015). Transformational leadership, job satisfaction, organizational commitment, organizational trust in Turkish public hospitals: Public servants versus private sector employees. International Journal of Human Resource Management, 26(9), 1259-1282.
McLean, G. N., & Akdere, M. (2015). Enriching Human Resource Development education through professional organizations. Advances in Developing Human Resources, 17(2), 239–261.
Akdere, M., Top, M., Dikmetas, E., & Ergin, G. (2014). An analysis of resident physician occupational burnout in Turkey: Implications for organizational culture. European Journal of Cross-Cultural Competence and Management, 3(3/4), 240-256.
Kirchner, M. J., & Akdere, M. (2014). Examining Leadership Development in the U.S. Army within the Human Resource Development Context: Implications for Security and Defense Strategies. The Korean Journal of Defense Analysis, 26(3), 351-369.
Thomas, K., & Akdere, M. (2013). Social media in the new century: The role of collaborative media in workplace learning. Human Resource Development Review, 12(3), 329-344.
SELECT REFEREED BOOK CHAPTERS
Garavan, T. N., & Akdere, M. (Accepted). Human resource development in CIVETS. In Global Human Resource Development, (Thomas N. Garavan, Alma Mc Carthy, & Michael Morley, eds.). New York: Routledge.
Coskun, A. & Akdere, M. (Accepted). Turkey. Ethical business culture in Turkey: Implications for leadership in a Global Economy. (Douglas J Jondle & Alexandre Ardichvili, eds). Cambridge University Press.
Akdere, M. (2015). Knowledge management. In S. M. Dahlgaard-Park (Ed.). The Sage Encyclopedia of Quality and the Service Economy, pp. 360-362. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
Coskun, A., & Akdere, M. (Accepted). Exploring leadership development in Turkey: Implications for technology & innovation. Leadership Development in Emerging Markets. (Alexandre Ardichvili & Khalil Dirani, eds.). Palgrave Macmillan.
Akdere, M. (2015). Transformational leadership. In S. M. Dahlgaard-Park (Ed.). The Sage Encyclopedia of Quality and the Service Economy, pp. 819-822. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
SELECT REFEREED CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
Akdere, M., & Coskun, A. (2015). Ethical business culture of Turkey as an emerging market. Refereed Proceedings of the European Business Ethics Network Conference. Istanbul, Turkey: The European Business Ethics Network.
Akdere, M. (2015). Human resource development in CIVETS countries. Refereed Proceedings of the 2015 Academy of Human Resource Development International Research Conference in The Americas. St. Paul, MN: Academy of Human Resource Development.
Kirchner, M. J., & Akdere, M. (2015). Leader development versus leadership development in the US Army: implications for human resource development. Refereed Proceedings of the 2015 Academy of Human Resource Development International Research Conference in The Americas. St. Paul, MN: Academy of Human Resource Development.
McLean, G. N., & Akdere, M. (2014). Exploring HRD professional organizations: Implications for HRD education. Refereed Proceedings of the 13th AHRD Asia Chapter Conference. Seoul, Korea: Academy of Human Resource Development.
Bales, B. L., & Akdere, M. (2014). Navigating the storm: High school Mathematics teachers, the common core, college readiness, and quality management tools. Referred Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 116(1), 836-841.
SELECT INVITED KEYNOTE SPEECHES & PRESENTATIONS
Akdere, M. (2015, March). Quality Management in Healthcare. The Department of Organizational Leadership, Policy, and Development, University of Minnesota.
Akdere, M. (2014, June). Aspiring Future Leaders: Executive MBA Programs. Antalya International University, MBA Graduation Ceremony Commencement Speech, Antalya, Turkey.
Akdere, M., Storberg-Walker, J., Nimon, K., & Wang, J. (2014, February). Research Paradigms, Methodology and Methods. The Graduate Student Research Colloquium, Academy of Human Resource Development International Research Conference in the Americas. Houston: TX.
Akdere, M. (2014, March). Aspiring Accountants: Executive Leadership Development. University of Sao Paulo, FIPECAFI Foundation Lecture Series, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Akdere, M. (2013, July). Exploring Knowledge Management in Quality Management Process: Implications for Organizational Performance. 3rd International Conference on Managing Services in the Knowledge Economy, Famalicão, Portugal.
- Ertmer P, Freemyer S, Adedokun O, Clase KL (in press) The Grand Challenge: Helping teachers learn/teach cutting edge science via a PBL Approach. 2012 Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association, Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Clase KL, Halverson K, Heyden R (in press) Using Second Life in a formal STEM classroom to learn how to represent annotated genomes and develop a sense of community. 2012 Annual Meeting of the National Association Research in Science Teaching, Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Goodpaster K, Adedokun O, Kirkham L, Ertmer P, Clase K, Weaver G (in press) The impact of a professional development workshop on rural STEM teachers’ self-efficacy and biofuels knowledge. (in press). 2012 Annual Meeting of the National Association Research in Science Teaching, Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Adamo-Villani N, Clase KL, Heyden R, Wiecha J (in press) Constructing self-discovery learning spaces online: Scaffolding and decision making technologies. Hai-Jew, Shalin (Ed.). IGI Global Publishing.
- Clase KL, Gundlach E, Peleaz N (2010) Calibrated peer review for computer-assisted learning of biological research competencies Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education, 38, 290-295.
- Clase KL (2009). Engagement Through a dual credit initiative resulting in collaborative partnerships to create pre-engineering biotechnology curriculum for the K12 classroom. Proceedings of Frontiers in Education 39th Annual Conference: IEEE Education Society, October.
- Clase KL, Adamo-Villani N, Gooding L, Yadav A, Karpicke J, Gentry M (2009) Enhancing Creativity in Synthetic Biology with Interactive Virtual Environments. Proceedings of Frontiers in Education 39th Annual Conference: IEEE Education Society, October.
- Clase KL (2008) Design and implementation of an interdepartmental biotechnology program across engineering technology curricula. Journal of Technology Studies, 34, 12-19.
- Clase KL, Hein PW, Pelaez NJ (2008) Demand for interdisciplinary laboratories for physiology research by undergraduate students in biosciences and biomedical engineering. Advances Physiology Education, 32, 256-260.
- Clase, K. L. (2007) Promoting Creativity and Innovation in an Entrepreneurial Certificate Program through Science and Technology Inquiry-Based Learning Modules for Introductory Biotechnology. Technology Interface. Fall 2007.
- Clase KL, Mitchell PJ, Dorman CM, Johnson SE, Hannon K. (2000) FGF5 stimulates expansion of connective tissue fibroblasts and inhibits skeletal muscle development in the limb. Developmental Dynamics. 219 (3): 368-80.
- Steenstrup T, Clase KL, Hannon KM. (2000) Rapid quantification of cell numbers using computer images. Biotechniques. 28(4): 624-6, 628.
- Morris RC, Galicia MC, Clase KL, Elliott MS. (1999) Determination of queuosine modification system deficiencies in cultured human cells. Mol Genet Metab. 68 (1): 56-67.
- Kudla AJ, Jones NC, Rosenthal RS, Arthur K, Clase KL, Olwin BB. (1998) The FGF receptor-1 tyrosine kinase domain regulates myogenesis but is not sufficient to stimulate proliferation. Journal of Cell Biology. 142 (1): 241-50.
- Hannon K, Kudla AJ, McAvoy MJ, Clase KL, Olwin BB. (1996) Differentially expressed fibroblast growth factors regulate skeletal muscle development through autocrine and paracrine mechanisms. Journal of Cell Biology. 132 (6): 1151-9.
- Crawford, B. (2015). The Historical and Cultural Construction of Legitimated Interests: The Rise of American Chambers of Commerce, Management and Organizational History, 10(3-4), 230-250.
- Crawford, B. & Branch, J. (2015). Interest Plurality and Institutional Work: An Ethnography of Rural Community Organizing, Journal of Organizational Ethnography, 4(1), 98-116.
- Lin, K.; Anspach, R.; Crawford, B.; Parnami, S.; Fuhrel-Forbis, A. & De Vries, R. (2014). What must I do to succeed?: Narratives from the US Premedical Experience, Social Science and Medicine, 119: 98-105.
- Lin, K.; Parmami, S.; Fuhrel-Forbis, A.; Anspach, R.; Crawford, B. & De Vries, R. (2013). The Undergraduate Premedical Experience in the United States: A Critical Review, International Journal of Medical Education, 4: 26-37.
- “The Eight-Hour Interview,” B. Crawford, Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Vancouver, Canada, 2015.
- “Legitimizing the Taboo: Official student sexuality organizations as spaces for harm reduction, recognition, and community,” E. Coslor, B. Crawford & B. Brents, American Sociological Association Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, 2015.
- “The Cultural Construction of Legitimated Interests: The Rise of American Chambers of Commerce,” B. Crawford, Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Lake Buena Vista, 2013.
- “Interests as Institutional Fiber: Figurations, Institutions, and Localized Contexts,” B. Crawford, Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Boston, 2012.
- “The Phenomenon of Interests in Organizational Institutionalism: A Critical Review,” B. Crawford, Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Boston, 2012.
- “Learning the “Rules of the Game”: The Moral Education of Premedical Students,” K. Lin, R. Anspach, B. Crawford, S. Parnami, A. Fuhrel-Forbis & R. DeVries, Eastern Sociological Society Annual Meeting, New York, 2012.
- “Interests as Institutional Fiber: Creating Chamber Affiliate Organizations as Necessity,” B. Crawford, The Ingenuity Conference: Organizational Ingenuity Under Institutional Constraints, Burlington, Ontario, Canada, 2011.
- “Towards a Process Theory of Propagating Interests and Institutional Entrepreneurship: Change in a Chamber of Commerce”. B. Crawford & J. Branch, Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, San Antonio, 2011.
- “The Normative Pillar of the Professions,” B. Crawford & J. Branch. (Discussant: R. Greenwood; Presenters: W.R. Scott, M. Kraatz, D. Muzio, and B. Rubineau) Spotlight Symposium, Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, San Antonio, 2011.
- “Decoupling Interests While Co-Aligning: A Historiography of U.S. Chambers of Commerce,” B. Crawford, 6th Organization Studies Workshop: “Bringing Public Organizations and Organizing Back In,” Paris, France, 2011.
- “Interests, Social Worlds, and Capital: Structure in a Chamber of Commerce,” B. Crawford & J. Branch, Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Montréal, Quebec, Canada, 2010.
- “Institutional Entrepreneurship: Re-Shaping Interests and Change in a Chamber of Commerce,” B. Crawford & J. Branch, ABC Workshop: Organizing Institutions: Agency and Interpretive Approaches, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2010.
- Davis, B., Crispo, A., & Wagenheim, G. (2011). A leadership guide for using Appreciative Inquiry intervention in overcoming miserable jobs. Proceedings of the 39th Annual International Association for Experiential Education (AEE), Jacksonville, FL.
- Davis, B., Crispo, A. & Wagenheim, G. (2009). Co-constructing positive feedback using appreciative inquiry. Proceeding of the Thirty Ninth Conference of the International Society for the Exploration of Teaching and Learning, Philadelphia, PA, Electronic Proceedings.
- Wagenheim, G., Bennett, J., Clark, R. & Crispo, A. (2009). Toward becoming a better teacher: Using visual images to explore and challenge assumptions we hold about our teaching. Organizational Behavior Teaching Society Conference, Charleston, SC, Electronic Proceedings
- Crispo *, A. & Ncube, L. (2007). Conventional teaching and the gestalt alternative.Proceeding of the Thirty Seventh Conference of the International Society for the Exploration of Teaching and Learning, Atlanta, GA, Electronic Proceedings.
- Wagenheim*, G, Crispo A., & Clark, D. (2007) Mirror image: Do our personal hobby and sport pursuits reflect who we are and how we teach? Proceeding of the Thirty Seventh Conference of the International Society for the Exploration of Teaching and Learning, Atlanta, GA, Electronic Proceedings.
- Ncube*, L., Crispo, A., Davis, B., & Wagenheim, G. (2007). Generational cultures: Leaders bridging the generational gaps and maximizing potential in the work place.International Leadership Association 9th Annual Conference, Vancouver, Canada, Electronic proceedings.
- Davis*, B., Summers, M., Crispo, A., Vandeveer, R., & Strate, M. (2006) Meaningful classroom activities for interactive student learning are where the rubber meets the road at the crossroads of Leadership studies. International Leadership Association 8th Annual Conference, Chicago, IL, Electronic proceedings.
- Crispo*, A. & Wagenheim, G. (2006) Exploring teaching and learning in a “World Café”: An easy-to-use method for creating collaborative conversations. Proceedings of the Thirty Sixth Conference of the International Society for the Exploration of Teaching and Learning, Palm Springs, CA, Electronic proceedings.
- Crispo*, A., Vandeveer, R., & Sugarman, H. (2005) Appreciative inquiry helps define “best-in-class leadership”: An exciting philosophy for change. International Leadership Association 7th Annual Conference, Amsterdam, Netherlands, Electronic proceedings.
- Crispo, A. (2005) An interdisciplinary approach to service learning: Using “Appreciative Inquiry” as a catalyst to community Revitalization. Proceedings of the Thirty Fifth Conference of the International Society for the Exploration of Teaching and Learning, Cocoa Beach, FL, Electronic Proceedings.
- Crispo, A. (2004). Students appreciate “Appreciative Inquiry”: Sharing positive learning experiences. Proceedings of the Thirty Fourth Conference of the International Society for the Exploration of Teaching and Learning, Baltimore, MD, Electronic Proceedings.
- Daugherty, J. L., Mentzer, N., Lybrook, D., & Little-Wiles, J. (in progress). Philosophical perspectives on technology leadership. In Wang, S., & Hartsell, T. (Eds.). Technology integration and foundations for effective technology leadership. IGI Global.
- Daugherty, J. L., & Custer, R., L. (in progress). In-service teacher approaches: Middle and high school grades. In Strobel, J., Purzer, S., & Cardella, M. (Eds.). Engineering in pre-college settings: Research into practice. Netherlands: Sense Publishers.
- Daugherty, J. L., Custer, R. L., & Dixon, R. (in press). Mapping concepts for learning & assessment. The Technology and Engineering Teacher.
- Cornachione, E., & Daugherty, J. L. (in press). Trends in opportunity costs of U.S. postsecondary education: A national HRD and human capital theory analysis. New Horizons in Adult Education & Human Resource Development.
- Johnson, S. D., Dixon, R., Daugherty, J., & Lawanto, O. (2011). General versus specific intellectual competencies: The question of learning transfer. In M. Barak & M. Hacker (Eds.)., Fostering human development through engineering and technology education. (pp. 55-74). Netherlands: Sense Publishers.
- Daugherty, J. L., & Custer, R. L. (2010). Secondary level engineering professional development: Content, pedagogy, and challenges. International Journal of Design and Technology Education. Retrieved from http://www.springerlink.com/content/u032u46kl7437602/
- Custer, R. L., Daugherty, J. L., Meyer, J. (2010). Formulating a concept base for secondary level engineering: A review and synthesis. Journal of Technology Education, 22(1), 4-21.
- Daugherty, J. L. Reese, G. C., & Merrill, C. M. (2010). Trajectories of mathematics and technology education pointing to engineering design. Journal of Technology Studies 36(1), 46-52.
- Merrill, C., Reece, G., & Daugherty, J. (2010). Mathematics education. In P.A. Reed & J.E. LaPorte (Eds.), Research in technology education. (pp. 139-154) Council on Technology Teacher Education 59th Yearbook, Woodland Hills, CA: Glencoe McGraw Hill.
- Merrill, C. M., & Daugherty, J. (2010). STEM education and leadership: A mathematics and science partnership approach. Journal of Technology Education 21(2), 21-34.
- Custer, R. L., & Daugherty, J. L. (2009). Professional development for teachers of engineering: Research and related activities. The Bridge: Linking Engineering and Society. 39(3), 18-24.
- Custer, R. L., Daugherty, J. L., & Meyer, J. P. (2009). Formulating the conceptual base for secondary level engineering education: A review and synthesis. A paper commissioned by the National Academy of Engineering’s Committee Exploring Content Standards for K-12 Engineering Education.
- Merrill, C. M., Custer, R. L., Daugherty, J., Westrick, M, & Zeng, Y. (2009). Delivering core engineering concepts to secondary level students. Journal of Technology Education 20(1), 48-64.
- Johnson, S. D., & Daugherty, J. L. (2009). Status of research in technology education. Journal of Technology Education 20(1), 16-31.
- Daugherty, J. L., & Mentzer, N. J. (2008). Analogical reasoning in the engineering design process and technology education applications. Journal of Technology Education, 19(2), 7-21.
- Daugherty, J. (2008). Engineering byDesign™ professional development evaluation summary report. In the Conference on Graduate Student Research in Engineering and Technology Education Proceedings, May 22, 2008. (pp. 3-7).
- Cornachione, E. B., Jr., & Daugherty, J. (2008). Opportunity cost of post-secondary education. In the Academy of Human Resource Development 2008 International Research Conference Proceedings, Panama City, Florida.
- Johnson, S. D., Burghardt, Daugherty, J. (2008). Research frontiers: An emerging research agenda. In R. Custer & T.L. Erekson, (Eds.). Engineering and Technology Education Council of Teachers of Technology Education Yearbook. (pp. 233-257). Peoria, IL: Mission Hills, CA: Glencoe/McGraw-Hill Publishers.
- Daugherty, J., & Daugherty, M. (2007). Thinking in time: Affecting technological literacy through oral history research. In J. R. Dakers, W. J. Dow, & M. J. de Vries, (Eds.). Pupils Attitudes Towards Technology 18 International Conference on Design and Technology Educational Research: Teaching and Learning Technological Literacy in the Classroom, University of Glasgow, Scotland.
- Daugherty, M. & Daugherty, J. (2006). Virden Strike, History Curriculum. Illinois History Teacher, 13.2.
- Davis, B. (2007). Situational Prevention and Penetration Testing: A Proactive Approach to Social Engineering in Organizations. Terrorism Issues: Threat Assessment, Consequences, and Prevention. Ed. Merkidze, A.W. New York: Nova Science Publishers. pp. 175-189.
- Ripley, M.L. & Davis, B. (July, 2007). Trickster Fiddles with Information: The Social Impact of Technological Marketing Schemes. 2007 International Multi-Conference on Society, Cybernetics and Informatics sponsored by the International Institute of Informatics and Systemics: Orlando, FL. 325-330.
- Davis, B. & Cummings, M. (March, 2007). Advanced Networking Technologies: Reciprocity Lessons for Leaders in Military Operations and Business Ventures. 2007 International Academy of Business Disciplines: Orlando, FL
- Laware, G., Davis, B., & Perusich, K. (Spring, 2006). Systems Thinking: A Paradigm for Professional Development. International Journal of Modern Engineering, V.6, Number 2.
- Laware, G., Davis, B., & Perusich, K. (Spring, 2006). Systems Thinking: A Paradigm for Professional Development. International Journal of Modern Engineering, V.6, Number 2.
- Davis, B. (Spring, 2005). PREPARE: Seeking systemic solutions for technological crisis management (TCM). Journal of Knowledge and Process Management: Wiley Publishers. V. 12, Number 2, pp. 123-131.
- Davis, B. & Jack, H. (Grand Valley State University) (June, 2005). Reinventing Manufacturing Engineering: Refocusing and Exploring Future Opportunities for Students. 2005 ASEE Conference: CD ROM. Portland, OR *Selected for on-line publication by the National Center for Manufacturing Education Resource Center (www.ncmeresource.org).
- Morgan, J. (Princeton University), & Davis, B. (June, 2005). Promoting Engineering Education as a Career: A Generational Approach. 2005 ASEE Conference Proceedings: CD ROM. Portland, OR
- Ripley, M.L. (York University: Toronto), & Davis, B. (October, 2004). Consumer Behavior, Social Class and Marketing: Technoism and Digital Divisions. Emerging Issues in Business and Technology Proceedings: Myrtle Beach, SC.
- Davis, B., & Ripley, L. (York University: Toronto, Canada). (October, 2003). Technology has no conscience of its own: Trickster, Technoism, and technology acquisition life-cycles. 2003 Proceedings of the Emerging Issues in Business and Technology.341-348: Myrtle Beach, SC.