The certificate in organizational leadership and supervision is designed to help you improve your skills. A certificate consists of nine courses (27 credit hours).
The certificate program is designed for:
- full-time employees who wish to pursue their education on a part-time basis
- employees who are in supervisory positions who also want additional skills
- employees who want to move into supervisory roles
Courses taken while completing a certificate can be applied toward associate and bachelor's degrees in the same program.
All certificate-track students must apply to and meet admission requirements of the Purdue Polytechnic Institute.
Phase I – Foundation – Complete all courses (18 credits)
- (3) Written Communication Foundation Selective (*ENG-W 131) (satisfies Written Communication for core)
- (3) OLS 25200 Human Behavior in Organizations (or TLI 11200 Foundations of Organizational Leadership)
- (3) OLS 27400 Applied Leadership (or TLI 15200 Business Principles for Organizational Leadership)
- (3) OLS 28400 Leadership Principles (or TLI 25300 Principles of Technology Strategy)
- (3) OLS 38600 Leading Organizational Change and Innovation (or TLI 25400 Leading Change in Technology Organizations)
- (3) OLS 38800 Leadership Through Teams (or TLI 21400 Introduction to Supply Chain Management Technology)
Phase II – Specialty Courses – Choose three (3) of the following classes (9 credits)
- (3) OLS 33100 Occupational Safety and Health
- (3) OLS 34500 Critical Thinking in Organizations or OLS 34600 Critical Thinking and Ethics
- (3) OLS 37500 Training Methods
- (3) OLS 37600 Human Resource Issues
- (3) OLS 37800 Labor Management Relations
- (3) OLS 44000 Leading with Integrity
- (3) OLS 45000 Project Management for Organizational and Human Resource Development (or TLI 21300 Project Management)
- (3) OLS 45600 Leadership in a Global Environment
- (3) OLS 47700 Conflict Management