Veterans Enrollment Certification

Educational Entitlement Application

It is each veteran's responsibility to complete a Veteran Request for Enrollment Certification Form each semester and return it to the VA Certifying Official.  The form must be filled out before Purdue can certify your enrollment to receive your monthly benefits.  Click on the link to view and print the VA Request Form.

For more information regarding GI Bill Benefits, visit the following Web site:

New, Post-9/11 GI Bill Benefits Begin August 1, 2009

Ch 33 Post 9/11 - The Post 9/11 GI Bill provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a Post-9/11 GI Bill.  Apply for benefits (VA 22-1990) by visiting or using VONAPP.  For more information please visit


Application For Veterans Educational Entitlement

  • Chapter 30

      • Active duty persons who contributed to the Montgomery GI Bill should have the member 4 copy of the DD Form 214 for submission with the Application for Educational Entitlement (VA Form 22-1990). or VONAPP.
  • Chapter 1606

      • Applicants for the Reserve Guard Montgomery GI Bill should submit a DD Form 2384, Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE), Selected Reserve Educational Assistance Program, with the Application for Educational Entitlement (VA Form 22-1990). or VONAPP.
  • REAP/Chapter 1607

        • Applicants for the REAP (Reserve Educational Assistance Program) should submit a DD Form 2384 – Notice of Basic Eligibility and VA Form 22-1990 for first time applicants.  If you are presently qualified under Ch. 1606 (Reserve Guard Montgomery GI Bill), and wish to transfer to Ch. 1607, you can complete the VA Form 22-1995. 
        • What is "Reserve Educational Assistance Program" (REAP)? For more information go to the following Web site: or VONAPP.
        • REAP is a new Department of Defense education benefit program designed to provide educational assistance to members of the Reserve components called or ordered to active duty in response to a war or national emergency (contingency operation) as declared by the President or Congress.  This new program makes certain individuals who were activated after September 11, 2001, either eligible for education benefits or eligible for increased benefits.
  • Chapter 31

      • Applicants for the Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits must have a VA Disability Rating of 20 percent or higher and should complete the Disabled Veterans Application for Vocational Rehabilitation, obtained through the Office of the Registrar VA representative.  A counselor at the VA regional office in Indianapolis will contact you regarding your eligibility.  The VA will make payments directly to Purdue University for tuition and fees.
  • Chapter 35

      • If your parent is a 100 percent disabled veteran or deceased due to a service-related injury, you may be eligible for both Indiana and Federal benefits. Visit the DVetivision of Financial Aid Web site to file an application for fee remission.  Visit the Office of the Registrar to submit the Application for Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance for the Indiana benefits. or VONAPP.

If your parent is a disabled veteran with less than a 100 percent disability and you wish to claim benefits as the Child of a Disabled Veteran (CDV), visit the Division of Financial Aid Web site to file an application for fee remission.

Other Links: