Congratulations on being accepted into the Purdue Polytechnic Institute at Purdue University! We look forward to seeing you on campus this summer for STAR and this fall for Boiler Gold Rush and the beginning of the fall semester.
Here is the official Admissions checklist of the things you'll need to accomplish before classes start on August 25, 2015.
- Accept your offer
- Activate your Purdue career account, which gives you access to myPurdue, your Purdue email account and most online tools at Purdue.
- Sign up for a STAR date. Purdue Polytechnic Institute students can attend between June 15 and July 10, 2015, although not all programs will be available every day. Be sure to check the Purdue Polytechnic major and course chart on the page to make sure you sign up for the correct section. All new, domestic, first-year and transfer students who will enroll in classes for the first time in Fall 2015 are required to attend.
-- International students are not required to attend STAR. International students will participate in Virtual Summer Transition, Advising and Registration (VSTAR), Purdue's online course for new undergraduate students who do not attend STAR. Eligible students will be automatically enrolled in VSTAR. In early May 2015 students will receive an email message regarding instructions on how to access and complete this course.
- If you have college credit or dual credit, contact the institution affiliated with that credit and have them send your official transcripts to Purdue’s Credit Evaluation Department.
- Take the ALEKS math assessment online through your myPurdue account. The ALEKS math assessment can be taken between June 1, 2015, and at least 48 hours before your STAR date. All incoming students are required to take the exam. You may take the ALEKS placement exam more than once. Minimum scores are required in order to take any Math class required for the Purdue Polytechnic.
- Upload your photo to the Purdue ID card office for your Purdue University ID so you may pick up your card upon arrival for STAR.
- Attend STAR. While on campus, you will:
a. Attend the Purdue University orientation session
b. Attend the Purdue Polytechnic orientation session
c. Meet with your academic advisor, either individually or in a group advising session. Preview your plan of study.
d. From 3 to 5 p.m., register for fall classes in a Purdue registration lab
e. Strongly encouraged: Take the Foreign Language placement exam (see "Summer STAR testing" on the Language Placement Testing Web page).
f. Students: participate in the "Student Track" for the day
g. Family members: participate in the "Family Track" for the day
- Check your Purdue email regularly at (mymail.purdue.edu). This is the email that your advisor will use for all correspondence.
What to bring to STAR
- Your invitation and confirmation
- Your PUID number, a 10-digit identification number assigned to all Purdue students
- Your Purdue career account log-in and password
- A campus map (sent with your STAR materials)
- Your parking permit
- Government-issued photo identification
- A photo of yourself
- Results of College Board Advanced Placement (AP) exams or transfer credit, if possible
- Medical History Form and Insurance Information Form to turn into Purdue University Student Health Center (PUSH) or table in the Purdue Memorial Union.