This position will support the Industry Engagement activities of the Computer and Information Technology (CIT) and Computer Graphics Technology (CGT) Departments. This position will serve as the primary point of contact for companies for various workforce development programs, student work experience, capstone project acquisition, internships and coordinate student placement for CIT and CGT. Responsible for planning and coordinating events related to industry and alumni engagement. Facilitate the annual Polytechnic computing departments Career Fairs. Will participate in teams across the college and/or University around internships and student placement. Collaborate with the Center for Career Opportunities and the College Intern and Placement Coordinators to manage relationships and expedite events. Maintain databases, websites, social media, and portals related to the above activities. Maintain event calendars and work with Polytechnic Marketing and Communications as needed to develop advertising materials. Ensure the timely distribution of event announcements /publications, and necessary materials. Coordinate department industrial advisory council events and alumni events.
- BA or BS in a computing discipline, communications, business management, or related field is
- Two to three years of professional experience with university related engagement, event coordination, event planning, or industrial sales/relationship management
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute complicated, detail-intensive projects and initiatives.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work with and gain the respect of an extremely diverse array of individuals, groups, cultures, and perspectives.
- Ability to professionally plan and manage relationships with industry, government, and community constituents.
- A willingness to engage students and their concerns.
- Ability to develop and maintain databases.
- Proficiency of MS Office computer applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point), internet browsing and social media, and other standard office applications for the Windows environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in written and verbal communication.
- Ability to develop marketing materials for events
- Ability to maintain social media and website content, including maintaining a web portal and event calendar.
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations with poise, sensitivity, and flexibility.
- Must be reliable, self-motivated, meticulous with details, and possess solid ability to solve problems.
- Flexibility to work evening/weekend hours and/or long days, as needed.
- All new hires will be expected to follow Protect Purdue guidelines. To learn more, visit https://bit.ly/3DH3z6f
- To learn more about Purdue’s benefits summary https://bit.ly/3t7vcRd
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position https://bit.ly/3t7vcRd
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply