Reporting to the Director of Recruitment, Retention, and Diversity of the Purdue Polytechnic Institute, the Associate Director of Recruitment and Diversity is responsible for leading/performing the day-to-day college-level recruiting and yield programs for undergraduate students while synchronizing and assisting with the recruiting efforts of the college's six academic department/school heads and their recruiting representatives and coordinators. Plan, implement and manage a variety of recruiting and yield activities to grow and/or sustain enrollment in all academic departments in order to meet the college's enrollment objectives tied to the college's transformation. Collaborate with the Assistant Director of Diversity and Recruitment in all recruitment and yield efforts focused on target populations, namely diversity outreach and program development. Assist the Director in planning, managing, and conducting undergraduate recruitment programs. Work closely with the Director to ensure recruitment activities are focused both on growing overall enrollment of all student populations while also strengthening the diversity of the college's student body. Serve as a communications specialist for the Office of Recruitment, Retention, and Diversity for all internal and external communications from the Office
- BA/BS degree with course work in Communications, education, organizational leadership, higher education.
- Computer skills such as Microsoft Office.
- 5 years’ experience in college recruitment, developing marketing and communication initiatives and materials, program management/development and evaluation, and advising students, diversity initiatives, student recruitment, or related field.
- Experience developing relationships/partnerships with high schools.
- Experience developing, implementing, and evaluating recruitment programs, especially those focused on URM populations
- Professional work experience in institutions of higher education related to student affairs, Admissions, academic advising, student development or a related field.
- Ability to use data responsibly and ethically.
- Experience related to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Master’s degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, public speaking, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, and time-management skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated self-starter who can plan, monitor, and meet objectives.
- Must be energetic, enthusiastic, able to multi-task in a face-paced environment and enjoy working with students and parents.
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Metric-driven, entrepreneurial, collaborative, and engaging leadership traits.
- Must be flexible about work with times and scheduling, as some evening and weekend work is required.
- Proficiency in Office software: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook/Electronic Email.
- Skills in social media, website, assessment and program development, and event coordination.
- Must represent the university with professionalism, tact, and diplomacy at all levels.
- Ability to grasp knowledge of policies and procedures related to different aspects of student services.
- Sensitivity to cultural, political, and geographical differences, with the ability to work well with a diverse student body.
- All new hires will be expected to follow Protect Purdue guidelines. To learn more, visit https://bit.ly/3DH3z6f
- To learn more about Purdue’s benefits summary https://bit.ly/3t7vcRd
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position https://bit.ly/3t7vcRd
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply
Learn more and apply at https://careers.purdue.edu/job/West-Lafayette-Senior-Associate-Director-...