More than 100 Purdue University innovators were recognized February 7, 2017, during the 12th annual Inventors Recognition Reception for having received patents in the 2015-16 fiscal year.
Six professors in the Purdue Polytechnic Institute were among those honored. They included:
- Lonnie D. Bentley, professor, Department of Computer and Information Technology
- Mark French, professor, School of Engineering Technology
- Qingyou Han, professor, School of Engineering Technology, and director, Purdue Center for Materials Processing Research
- Davin Huston, assistant professor of practice, School of Engineering Technology
- Michael D. Kane, associate professor, Department of Computer and Information Technology
- Anthony Smith, associate professor, Department of Computer and Information Technology
During the 2015-2016 fiscal year, Purdue Research Foundation Office of Technology Commercialization officials reported 151 U.S. and global patents issued off of 521 global patent applications.
Read more about the reception and this year’s Outstanding Commercialization Award winner.