More than 100 Purdue University innovators were recognized February 7, 2017, during the 12th annual Inventors Recognition Reception for having received patents in the 2015-16 fiscal year.
Six professors in the Purdue Polytechnic Institute were among those honored. They included:
- Lonnie D. Bentley, professor, Department of Computer and Information Technology
- Mark French, professor, School of Engineering Technology
- Qingyou Han, professor, School of Engineering Technology, and director, Purdue Center for Materials Processing Research
- Davin Huston, assistant professor of practice, School of Engineering Technology
- Michael D. Kane, associate professor, Department of Computer and Information Technology
- Anthony Smith, associate professor, Department of Computer and Information Technology
During the 2015-2016 fiscal year, Purdue Research Foundation Office of Technology Commercialization officials reported 151 U.S. and global patents issued off of 521 global patent applications.