As the College of Technology’s May 2014 graduates complete their time at Purdue, we are profiling a few and finding out their future plans and how they arrived at this point in their lives.
Carl Zaderej, South Bend, Indiana
Textron Integrated Supply Chain Leadership Development program
Bachelor’s degree in industrial technology and industrial distribution, Six Sigma Green Belt training, OSHA certification
It is a two-year program with four rotations. I will have the chance to travel and work all over the United States and possibly the world. For each rotation I will be in a different business unit and have a different job function. My first rotation will be with Bell Helicopter in Amarillo, Texas. I will work in a team focused on the procurement of parts and equipment for the development of future and existing helicopters.
Purdue classes that helped Carl prepare for his job
- Industrial Supply Chain Management
- Logistics Management
- Production Cost Analysis
- SAP Business Objects
Other ways the College of Technology and/or Purdue provided preparation and assistance
Purdue has helped me become a problem solver and to think outside the box. It has also given me the skills and confidence needed to grow and complete nearly any task given to me. Gaining work experience through internships was instrumental to my education. I completed two internships with the Department of Defense at the Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR). At NAVAIR, I worked in the Industrial Operations and Logistics Department. I worked on a large project involving next generation aircraft carriers, the F-35 Lightning II Program (also known as the Joint Strike Fighter Program) and Operation Tomodachi to support Japan in disaster relief after the 2011 earthquake. For my third internship, I worked for Morgan Advance Materials, an aerospace manufacturer. While there, I was a process engineer and worked with redesigning a large manufacturing facility.
Thanks go to:
I would like to thank my incredible family and friends and the entire TLI faculty and staff, especially;
- Mathias Sutton, who is an absolute incredible teacher.
- Kathy Newton for the great career advice, sponsoring me to go to various trade shows and helping me with receiving scholarships.
- Chad Laux, who taught me all of the valuable information on Six Sigma and provided life advice.
- Matthew Stephens and his terrific approach to teaching.
- Stephen Elliott for being another great teacher.
- Edie Schimdt for teaching me all that I would ever need to know about SAP and providing interview advice.
- Jill Albrecht for all the positive encouragement.
- Jennifer White for being a great help and great advisor.