As the May 2016 graduates move into their careers, we are profiling a few and finding out their future plans and how they arrived at this point in their lives.
Mel’Dre King, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Logistics Management Associate for General Mills in Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial technology, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, and OSHA 30-Hour General Industry Safety and Health training
This role is a 24-month rotational program where I will be in four different functions of the supply chain department. I will experience raw material planning, outbound planning, production scheduling and team leading.
Purdue classes that helped Mel’Dre prepare for his job
- Industrial Supply Chain Management
- Production Planning
- Production Cost Analysis
Other ways the college and/or Purdue provided preparation and assistance
During my time here at Purdue, I feel like I accomplished every goal that I set for myself, and I met some awesome friends along the way. Purdue has helped mold me into the leader that I am today. I am very grateful for my Purdue experience!
Thanks go to:
- Antonia Munguia: Thank you for being an awesome mentor and for always pushing me to be the best that I can be! You have made a huge impact during my time here at Purdue, and I appreciate everything you have done for me! Thank you for being an advocate of my character and introducing me to opportunities that helped me grow. Thank you for being you!
- Derrick Williams: You have always provided great advice when I needed it and I appreciate you for being a great voice of reason! I am a better person personally and professionally because of you and the Purdue Bound program!
- I would also like to thank these groups who have been vital to my success throughout the past four years: Horizons staff, Department of Technology Leadership & Innovation advising staff, Civic Engagement and Leadership Development staff, Purdue Bound staff, and Mortar Board advisors.