What are you job duties?
- Own reliability improvement for an assigned production line using reliability tools
- Develop the operating team's technical understandings and mastery of process control
- Verify the accuracy of operating equipment efficiency data and work with the line leads, maintenance leads, and other plant leads to address gaps
- Coach plant resources in the implementation of improvement methodologies
- Support continuous improvement goals in safety, quality, cost, and customer service
- Develop implementation plans and standards and lead the planning and implementation for one or more critical improvement processes
- Conduct analysis for data trends on raw material, work in process and finished product
- Write and update Standard Operating procedures and associated training documents
- Own results and loss reduction as well as the capability for assigned production line
- Own personal action plans that drive improvement for the manufacturing plants
- Manage production staff to attain production and quality goals
- Manage and own various business functions to create an engaged and team-oriented work force in order to improve business results
- Identify problems or bottlenecks in production processes and resolve issues
- Ensure production resources including materials, equipment, and human resources are available as needed to maintain production schedules
- Provide training and qualify plant resources
- Assure product meets and exceed requirements specified by internal and external customers including government regulations
Who would you like to thank as you finish your time at Purdue and start your career?
Thank you, Dr. Matthew Stephens, for helping to grow my love for continuous improvement, manufacturing facilities, and all the moving pieces that make a process streamlined and sustainable. It's been a pleasure learning from you in all of your courses. Thank you for your passion and for helping me find the right career path for me.
Thank you, Ms. Toni Munguia, for your continued and incredible support. It's been a pleasure working alongside you for the Women in Technology Learning Community. Thank you for building a supportive environment even before I started my time at Purdue.
Thank you to all of my incredible professors, teaching assistants, coworkers, mentors, and peers for making my time at the Purdue Polytechnic Institute truly incredible and full of learning and memories.
What specific classes helped prepare you for your new job?
- IET 31600 - Statistical Quality Control
- IET 43640 - Lean Six Sigma
- IET 43540 - Facilities Planning and Material Handling
- IET 33400 - Economic Analysis for Technology Systems
- IET 31300 - Technology Innovation and Integration: Bar Codes to Biometrics