Begin your first year at Purdue with confidence!
Get acquainted with the Purdue campus, your Polytechnic professors and college advisors this summer before the August rush of students, classes and activities at STEM Academic Book Camp (STEM ABC). STEM ABC students usually achieve higher GPAs than the first-year class average!
At STEM ABC, you can:
- Get a head start on courses before grades count toward your GPA.
- Take an additional, elective class for credit (additional fees apply).
- Earn additional financial aid, including a $2000 scholarship to the Polytechnic.
- Learn your way around campus and connect with your fellow Techie students.
- Build your social and academic networks with STEM ABC students from the Colleges of Engineering, Science and Agriculture.
New! Take a Class for Credit (additional tuition and fees apply)
As a STEM ABC student, you can get a head start on completing your 120 credit hours by taking a core course this summer! TECH 12000 and SCLA 10100 are available to STEM ABC students. If you opt to take one, or both, of these courses your 2019-2020 FAFSA may be utilized to determine need-based financial aid to help offset tuition.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in earning credit for either of these classes.
July 12 - August 14, 2020
- Registration will open April 2020.
Participants may check in on July 7 between 3 and 4 p.m. in Earhart Hall. Please allow ample travel time as the program will begin promptly at 4 p.m. Eastern Time.
Thanks to our corporate sponsors, there is a minimal cost for the ABC program.
- If you register and pay by May 10, cost is $750
- If you register and pay after May 10 but before June 10 deadline, cost is $1000
- In addition, you will need to purchase textbooks and supplies for class.
- Scholarships are available. Students with a strong desire to attend the program, but who lack financial means, should contact Toni Munguia, director of the Technology Diversity Program, at (765) 494-7522 or email@example.com.