The Managing Information Technology Projects Graduate Certificate courses are offered on a rolling format, 100% online, that lets you choose times for class work and study that fit your lifestyle. Courses are offered in an eight-week format for greater flexibility, so you can complete the required 12 credit hours in 12 months to 3 years.
- CNIT 55200 PME - IT Project Management: Understand the application of a project management framework, select and apply the best practices, learn the necessary artifacts to initiate, plan, execute, control and close projects. Effective use of PM tools to manage projects. (3 credits; 1st 8 weeks)
Elective Course Options
- CNIT 55100 EPM - IT Economics: Develop an understanding of contracts and the management of contractors and subcontractors. Gain the tools to effectively understand and use IT economic work products and select best practices in contract management and IT economics, leading to effective decision making. (3 credits; 1st 8 weeks)
- CNIT 58000 ATP - Advanced Topics in IT Project Management: Covers effective management of global and troubled projects. Understand importance of cultural awareness and diversity and contemporary issues that affect project management. Learn about the effective use of social media in project management. Select and apply best practices in virtual teaming. (3 credits; 2nd 8 weeks)
- CNIT 58200 EST - IT Estimating-Scheduling-Control: Learn how to build a better business case, effectively using sound estimating strategies. Effectively perform cost management and develop project schedules using advanced project management techniques. Develop the ability to select and apply best practices for project estimating, scheduling and control. (3 credits; 2nd 8 weeks)
- CNIT 58300 PPM - IT Program & Portfolio Management: Learn program and portfolio management versus project management. Gain a knowledge of project governance. Understand the project management office (PMO) and strategies for implementation. Understand project management information systems (PMIS). (3 credits; 1st 8 weeks)
- CNIT 58500 PQM - Organizational & Project Change Management: Develop an understanding and the ability to apply change management, configuration management and formal change control processes. Understand process management and business process reengineering and develop a knowledge of change management work products. (3 credits; 2nd 8 weeks)