In TECH 12000 (Design Thinking in Technology), teams of students work on a semester-long project, applying design thinking to solve locally relevant problems and challenges. Those teams displayed their solutions and ideas at the TECH 12000 public showcase on December 7, 2017, in Knoy Hall.
- A “Secure My Info” app, which gives users of mobile devices the option to change the network being used if that network is found to not be secure.
- A program that instructs RAs how to educate their residents about sexual assault prevention
- An online tutorial instructing incoming students about cyber security threats
- An online aptitude test to determine a student’s preferred learning style
- An air filtration system for dorms
- A music video encouraging teen girls to pursue STEM careers
- A homework notification and organization app to piggyback onto Blackboard, Purdue’s learning management system
- A virtual reality headset airplane flight simulator
- Creating a golf cart-only campus to reduce auto emissions
Learn more about TECH 12000.