Purdue College of Technology at Richmond awarded $26,470 in scholarships to local students for the 2014-15 academic year.
The amount represents the third highest dollar amount of scholarships awarded at any of the Purdue University College of Technology statewide locations. Besides Richmond, there are locations in Anderson, Columbus, Kokomo, Lafayette, New Albany, South Bend, and Vincennes.
“All the scholarship money we awarded came from local donors,” said Michael Swain, director. “We are fortunate to be in an area that shows such financial support of local Purdue students. With the affordable tuition of Purdue’s Richmond location, scholarship money can go a long way toward helping students attend and graduate Purdue with little –and sometimes no– debt.”
The local scholarships awarded were:
- Robert G. Phillips and Richmond Scholarships: Jamie Roth, Centerville
- Wayne County Foundation Scholarship: Isaac Cook, Benjamin Gibbs, and Brian Williams, all of Richmond
- Ahaus Engineering Technology Scholarship: Kyle Mestemaker, Lynn
- Mosey ICM Scholarship: Curtis Combs, Connersville; Austin Hertel, Liberty; Benjamin Gibbs, Richmond; Justin Wymer, Lewisburg
- Bartelmay Family Scholarship: Clinton Allen, Connersville; Kyle Beeson, Hagerstown; Isaac Cook, Richmond; Timothy Cox, Williamsburg; Calen Crumpton, Connersville; Amy Howard, Eaton; Kyle Mestemaker, Lynn; Tyler Scarce, Centerville; Zachary Small, Carthage; Dallas Sowder, Richmond; Dillon Thompson, Richmond; Katy Wayt, Richmond; Brian Williams, Richmond; and Justin Wymer, Lewisburg.