As the May 2016 graduates move into their careers, we are profiling a few and finding out their future plans and how they arrived at this point in their lives.
Curtice Davidson, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Leadership development associate for Chart Manufacturing in Woodstock, Illinois
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing engineering technology with minors in computer and information technology and product lifecycle management. Lean Six Sigma Green certified.
Data processing lead for production control, support technical engineering in continuous improvement projects
Purdue classes that helped Curtice prepare for her job
My lean Six Sigma course has been the most helpful for the work experience I have in continuous improvement. While I was taking the course, all of the course objectives aligned with my internship objectives. I used the tools and methods I learned concurrently with my internship project progress.
Other ways the college and/or Purdue provided preparation and assistance
The organizations professional prep. I was part of the Minority Technology Association all four years. The countless professional guests, resume building events, and career fair/interview prep workshops molded me into the professional I am today.
Thanks go to:
I’ll be forever grateful for these individuals:
- Antonia Munguia for being my Purdue Mom. Always an open door and listening ear to calm my worries. She has been my rock and greatest support during my time here at Purdue.
- Tami Lynch, my advisor, She always finds time to talk and give me advice about life, whether it be academically, professionally or tips on how to raise my cat!
- Derrick Williams, who I have known since 7th grade. He has literally watched me grow up and always reminds me of how proud he is of my growth. My biggest encourager.