The demand for enrollment in some majors in the Purdue Polytechnic Institute currently exceeds the resource capacity to meet that demand. For this reason some departments must limit students pursuing CODO or students pursuing a dual degree in Computer and Information Technology. Therefore CODO into CIT is based on a semester-by-semester analysis of the total department enrollment.
|CODO GPA Requirement information*||
Beginning Fall 2017
Majors: CNIT, CSEC, NENT, SAAD
Prior to Fall 2017
Majors: CNIT, NENT, SAAD
Accepted on a SPACE AVAILABLE BASIS after a holistic review
Considered on remaining SPACE AVAILABLE BASIS after a holistic review
**(calculated by all courses you have taken at Purdue that apply to the CIT plan of study)
* There are two GPA levels that students can qualify for. Students are evaluated based on CODO requirements that were in place when the student matriculated. However, if the student leaves Purdue-WL and has to go through the re-entry process to return, they can be held to new CODO requirements. All other requirements remain the same (i.e. completion of required courses, online tutorial, and submission of CODO request). See GPA requirements effective for students who matriculated onto catalog terms prior to Fall 2017 below.
To be eligible for CODO consideration or to pursue a dual degree in Computer and Information Technology:
Step 1- View the CODO presentation and read the CIT Academic Policies and Guidelines.
- CNIT CODO Presentation Slides (accessible on all browsers) (use for your quiz)
CIT Academic Policies and Guidelines (use for your quiz)
Step 2- Complete the online quiz and review your myPurdue Plan “What-If” report.
Print a copy of your myPurdue Plan “What-If” report (highly recommended) (use for your quiz)
- CIT CODO Quiz (must receive 100% for successful completion)
Students must complete Steps 1 & 2 as outlined prior to meeting with a CIT advisor during CODO Walk-in Office Hours.
- CIT Academic Policies and Guidelines
- Completed CODO Quiz (screenshot of the 100% score; first page only)
- MyPurdue Plan "What-If" report based on your intended major within the CIT department (recommended)
Step 4- After meeting with a CIT Advisor, the student is eligible to request the online* CODO request to be submitted by the student’s current Academic Advisor. CODO requests must be submitted by the Friday of Week 14 (week before “dead week”) of the current semester for CODO consideration at the end of that semester.
Any online CIT CODO requests submitted before Steps 1-3 are complete will be denied.
Step 5- Complete the following courses with a grade of C- or higher:
- CNIT 18000 or CNIT 17600 (must be taken at PWL campus)
- Composition Selective (ENGL 10600, ENGL 10800, ENGL 10100, or SCLA 10100) or Oral Communications Selective (COM 11400, SCLA 10200) or ENGL 11000
- MA 16010 or equivalent (MA 16100, MA 16500)
Students on academic PROBATION may not CODO into the CIT program.
Students who have completed steps 1 & 2 will be eligible for course overrides for 10000 and 20000 level CNIT courses and TECH 12000. Requests for remaining CNIT course space can be submitted online through Scheduling Assistant. The requests will be evaluated during open registration after the semester grades post. Students are not eligible for 30000 level or higher CNIT courses until the CODO request is approved.