Students requesting CODO or Dual Degree should email application documents to CIT-Advising@purdue.edu from your @purdue.edu email address only. Include full name and PUID. Please follow instructions and deadlines below.
The demand for enrollment in some majors in the Purdue Polytechnic Institute currently exceeds the resource capacity to meet that demand. For this reason some departments must limit students pursuing CODO or students pursuing a Dual Degree in Computer and Information Technology. Therefore CODO/Dual Degree requests into CIT is based on a semester-by-semester analysis of the total department enrollment.
|CODO GPA Requirement information*||
Beginning Fall 2017
Majors: CNIT, CSEC, NENT, SAAD
Prior to Fall 2017
Majors: CNIT, NENT, SAAD
Accepted on a SPACE AVAILABLE BASIS after a holistic review
Considered on remaining SPACE AVAILABLE BASIS after a holistic review
**(calculated by all courses you have taken at Purdue that apply to the CIT plan of study)
* There are two GPA levels that students can qualify for. Students are evaluated based on CODO requirements that were in place when the student matriculated. However, if the student leaves Purdue-WL and has to go through the re-entry or re-admission process to return, they can be held to new CODO requirements. All other requirements remain the same (i.e. completion of required courses, online tutorial, and submission of CODO request). See GPA requirements effective for students who matriculated onto catalog terms prior to Fall 2017 below.
To be eligible for CODO consideration or to pursue a Dual Degree in Computer and Information Technology:
Step 1 - View the CODO presentation and read the CIT Academic Policies and Guidelines.
- CIT CODO Presentation Slides (accessible on all browsers) (use for your quiz)
CIT Academic Policies and Guidelines (use for your quiz)
Step 2 - Complete the online quiz and review your myPurdue Plan “What-If” report.
Print or save a copy of your myPurdue Plan “What-If” report (highly recommended) (use for your quiz)
- CIT CODO Quiz (must receive 100% for successful completion)
Students must complete Steps 1 & 2 as outlined prior to emailing a CODO application request.
Step 3 - In lieu of a meeting, students should email CIT Advisors at CIT-Advising@purdue.edu from your @purdue.edu email to apply. Includefull name and PUID in all email correspondence. Submit the following documents with your email request:
- CIT Academic Policies and Guidelines (You may sign digitally or state in your email "I have read and understand the CIT Policies and Guidelines.")
- Completed CODO Quiz (screenshot of the 100% score; first page only)
- MyPurdue Plan "What-If" report based on your intended major within the CIT department (recommended) (Submit an electronic report so we will know which major and minor (where required) you wish to pursue. Save as a .pdf .)
Step 4 - After a CIT Advisor confirms that the application request is complete, the student is eligible to request the *online CODO form be submitted by the student’s current Academic Advisor. Current Polytechnic students are advised to meet with current advisor to communicate plans to change major: the online CODO form is not required. CODO requests must be submitted by the Friday of Week 14 (week before “dead week”) of the current semester for CODO consideration at the end of that semester.
Note: Any *online CIT CODO request submitted before Steps 1-3 are complete will be denied.
Step 5- Complete the following courses with a grade of C- or higher:
- CNIT 18000 or CNIT 17600 (must be taken at PWL campus or Polytechnic Statewide sites: Anderson, Columbus or Kokomo)
- Composition or Humanities Selective (ENGL 10600, ENGL 10800, ENGL 10100, or SCLA 10100 or ENGL 11000 (Humanities Selective)) OR Oral Communications Selective (COM 11400, SCLA 10200) (AP, IB and transfer credit accepted)
- MA 16010 or equivalent (MA 16100, MA 16500) (AP, IB and transfer credit accepted)
Students on academic PROBATION may not CODO into the CIT program.
Course Requests: Students who have completed steps 1, 2 & 3 will be eligible for course overrides for 10000 and 20000 level CNIT courses and TECH 12000. Requests for remaining CNIT course space must be submitted online through Scheduling Assistant. The requests will be evaluated during open registration. Students with a complete application and a current GPA or Adjusted GPA of at least 2.8 will be given early consideration. All other requests will be considered after the semester grades post. Students who pre-register will need to re-submit requests through Scheduling Assistant during open registration. Students are not eligible for 30000 level or higher CNIT courses until the CODO request is approved.