CODO (Change of Degree Objective) Information for Industrial Engineering Technology
A student wanting to CODO into the Industrial Engineering Technology (IET) major from a major outside of the Polytechnic Institute needs to:
Review the CODO Requirements for the IET major below:
- Minimum Semesters: 1
- Minimum Hours: 12
- Minimum GPA: 2.50 cumulative
- Comments: Cannot be on academic probation
- Contact Information: Jennifer White – email@example.com – YONG 323
- Review the Purdue University Office of the Registrar CODO process.
Run a “What If” report in myPurdue Plan for your desired TLI major:
- Log into myPurdue
- Select the Academic Tab
- Select myPurduePlan
On the “Worksheets” Tab, Click “What If”
- Select the Catalog Term (ex. Fall 2016; this is most likely the semester you started at Purdue)
- Select the Level (ex. Undergraduate)
- Select the Degree (ex. Organizational Leadership-BS)
- Select the College (Polytechnic Institute)
- Choose the Major you are interested in
- Select Concentration and Minor, if you wish
- Click “Process What-If” Tab
- Print out a copy of the “What If” report and bring it with you to your meetings
- Print out 2 copies of the Change of Curricula form.
- Fill out the top portions of the Change of Curricula forms.
- Meet with your academic advisor in your current college/school and have them approve your CODO and sign your Change of Curricula forms.
- Set-up a meeting with Jennifer White firstname.lastname@example.org in the TLI advising office (Young Hall 325) and have him approve your CODO and sign your Change of Curricula forms.
- Sign both copies of your Change of Curricula forms and leave one copy with the TLI advisor and return the other copy to the Office of the Registrar in Hovde Hall, Room 45.
The TLI department takes pride in the success of its students and the diversity offered by students coming into its programs from other majors. Each student is individually reviewed, and the admission decision is based on the overall academic performance.
CODO applications are accepted throughout the year and are processed as follows:
- First two weeks of the fall, spring, or summer semester: CODO applications are reviewed weekly and approved applications are processed effective for the current semester per University Regulations.
- Week 3 through 16 of the fall, spring, or summer semester: CODO applications are reviewed weekly and approved applications are processed effective for the next semester or the semester stated on the CODO form.
NOTE: If you are switching majors WITHIN the Polytechnic Institute you DO NOT need the Change of Curricula Form.
NOTE: If you are a first-year student and you have a Presidential or Trustees scholarship, you must remain in the major to which you were originally admitted for at least one year full academic year. If you change majors during your first year you will relinquish your scholarship.