Industrial Engineering Technology
A major in the Industrial Engineering Technology Program.
You will focus on both technical and human-centered approaches to technology management. You will learn how to manage and coordinate engineering operations and lead projects from research to design to implementation. Coursework is enhanced with an overview of business and economics. Some of your first year coursework includes: design thinking in technology and foundations of technology leadership.
When you major in industrial engineering technology at Purdue University, you will gain skills to prepare you for a wide variety of industries: manufacturing plants, government agencies, hospitals, healthcare organizations and retail companies. Graduates are prepared for variety of roles: consultant, analyst, industrial engineer, manager and more.
During your pursuit of an industrial engineering technology degree, you’ll work with faculty in the Department of Technology Leadership & Innovation who have years of experience in industry and are experts in helping organizations improve amongst technology nuances.
- Broaden your scope of expertise by adding coursework to earn a Six Sigma certification or minors in organizational leadership, biometrics and more.
- Take advantage of real-world and global experiences with internships and international opportunities. Industrial engineering students have the opportunity to take courses abroad at partner institutions in Germany, Ireland, Switzerland and Peru without delaying time to graduation.
- Gain real-world experience with courses in facility design and total productive maintenance. Solve design challenges with 3D printing and parametric modeling software in a state-of-the-art rapid prototyping lab.
- Mold your curriculum to fit your talents and interests. Your plan of study is a hybrid of set courses and electives that range from business to engineering technology topics.
- Industrial engineering technology majors can take advantage of annual career fairs from Purdue University and the Polytechnic.
- Benefit from faculty experience in industrial careers.
- Utilize the Polytechnic learning environment to become a career-ready graduate