To be admitted to The Purdue Graduate School and Purdue Polytechnic Institute you are required to have obtained a baccalaureate degree from an accredited university. Your GPA for the last completed degree must be a minimum of 3.00 on a scale of 4.00. (If you did not obtain a 3.00, please contact the Purdue Polytechnic Center for Professional Studies to discuss conditional admittance.) Two years of experience in the construction industry is required.
How to Apply
Start by reviewing these application tips to walk through the process, then put together your application packet:
- Completed electronic application form*
Statement of purpose (300-500 words) highlighting:
- Your career objectives
- Why you’re interested in graduate study
- How a graduate degree will help you attain your career objectives
- Your professional plans and applied research interest
- Elaboration on any special abilities, awards, achievements, scholarly publications and professional history
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from your current employer if possible
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher learning
- Resume showing your work history (at least 2 years of professional experience is required)
* All Purdue Polytechnic Professional Program weekend and online MS programs are listed on the Graduate School website at the West Lafayette campus under (campus) West Lafayette > (major) Building Construction Management > (Area of Interest) Executive Construction Management.