A minor in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) will expose majors outside Computer Graphics Technology (CGT) to PLM expertise in their chosen academic major and subject specializations. Students who complete the minor will gain applied knowledge in current and emerging technical graphics theories and computer graphics technologies associated with the design, documentation, manufacture, and related services.
Requirements for the Minor (14-15 credits)
Prerequisite Courses (2-3 credits)
- CGT 11000 - Technical Graphics Communications, 3 credits (Pre-Req for CGT 11301), or
- CGT 16300 - Graphical Communication And Spatial Analysis, 2 credits (Pre-Req for CGT 11301), or
- An approved substitution
Required Courses (6 credits)
- CGT 11301 - Product Data Management, 3 credits (Pre-Req for all upper-level courses)
- CGT 20301 - Model-based Definition, 3 credits (Pre-Req for all upper-level courses)
Selectives - Choose Two (6 credits)
- CGT 21301 - Simulation and Visualization Applications, (3 credits), or
- CGT 30301 - Digital Manufacturing, (3 credits), or
- CGT 31301 - The Business of Managing Digital Product Data, (3 credits)
- The PLM minor is open only to any Purdue University West Lafayette campus majors.
- All courses in the minor must be taken for a grade. A grade of “C-” or better is required in all classes. (P/NP is not an option)
- Only students pursuing four-year degrees are eligible for the PLM minor.
- Other courses outside of the PLM minor offered by CGT will not be available for enrollment for non-CGT majors who are accepted in the CGT/PLM minor.
Due to the curriculum transformation in the Polytechnic Institute, the CGT department anticipates discontinuing the old CGT PLM course numbers (CGT 226, 326, 423, and 426) after the Spring Semester 2020.
For Reference (equivalent topics):
- CGT 10301 is equivalent to CGT 22600
- CGT 21301 is equivalent to CGT 42600
- CGT 20301 is equivalent to CGT 32600
- CGT 31301 is equivalent to CGT 42300
Suggested new courses to complete the old PLM minor:
If I’ve taken CGT 22600 – what NEW class can I take? CGT 20301 + 21301 or 30301 or 31301
If I’ve taken CGT 22600 and 32600 – what NEW class can I take? CGT 21301 or 30301 or 31301
If I’ve taken CGT 22600 and 42300 – what NEW class can I take? CGT 20301 or 21301 or 30301
If I’ve taken CGT 22600 and 42600 – what NEW class can I take? CGT 20301 or 30301 or 31301
For more information, contact Professor Craig L. Miller.