The mission of the Product Lifecycle Management (PRLM) minor offered by the Department of Computer Graphics Technology (CGT) at Purdue University is to expose majors outside CGT to PLM expertise in their chosen academic major and subject specializations. Students who complete the minor will gain applied knowledge in current and emerging graphics theories and computer graphics technologies associated with the design, documentation, and manufacture of products and related services.
The following prerequisite courses are required before enrolling in CGT 11301:
- CGT 11000, or CGT 16300, or an approved substitution.
- All courses in the minor must be taken for a grade. P/NP is not an option.
- A grade of “C-” or better must be obtained in all CGT/PRLM minor classes.
- Only students pursuing four-year degrees are eligible for the PRLM minor.
Students must complete 15 or more credit hours selected from the following list of required courses:
- CGT 11301 (3 credits)
- CGT 20301 (6 credits)
- And one of the following:
- CGT 21301 (6 credits) or,
- CGT 30301 (6 credits) or,
- CGT 31301 (6 credits)
The CGT/PRLM minor is open only to the following Purdue University West Lafayette campus majors:
Other courses outside of the PRLM minor offered by the CGT department will not be available for enrollment for non-CGT majors who are accepted in the CGT/PRLM minor. Due to the curriculum transformation in the Polytechnic Institute, the CGT department anticipates discontinuing the old CGT PLM course numbers (CGT 226, 326, 423, and 426) after the Spring 2019 semester.
- CGT 10301 is equivalent to CGT 226
- CGT 21301 is equivalent to CGT 426
- CGT 20301 is equivalent to CGT 326
- CGT 31301 is equivalent to CGT 423
Suggested new courses to complete the old PLM minor:
If I’ve taken CGT 22600 – what NEW class can I take?
CGT 20301 + 21301 or 30301 or 31301
If I’ve taken CGT 22600 and 32600 – what NEW class can I take?
CGT 21301 or 30301 or 31301
If I’ve taken CGT 22600 and 42300 – what NEW class can I take?
CGT 20301 or 21301 or 30301
If I’ve taken CGT 22600 and 42600 – what NEW class can I take?
CGT 20301 or 30301 or 31301
For more information, contact Professor Craig L. Miller.