The Purdue PLM Certificate Program combines concepts with experiential learning to maximize a practical, “real world” focus on Product Lifecycle Management (PLM). The program focuses on areas that are critical for any successful PLM implementation – digital product definition, product data management and "downstream" processes like virtual manufacturing. After completing this program, participants will have a better understanding of these interconnected technologies that enable companies to make better business decisions throughout the lifecycle of a product. The program was developed in conjunction with The Boeing Company. Now the courses are available to participants from all companies and industries.
What makes Purdue's PLM Certificate different from other programs?
There are two components of the Purdue program make it different from other PLM Certificate Programs.
- Hands-on workshops in a miniature PLM environment (provided) where concepts are demonstrated in a way a lecture or readings cannot.
- The inclusion of CM2 configuration management principles in all three courses to the extent that in addition to the earning the PLM Certificate, students will earn credit for the first IpX CM2 course, CM2-01 Foundation of Operational Excellence: Your journey for reshaping legacy business processes and systems starts here. CM2-01 is the first course in the CM2-Comprehensive certification program. For more information about CM2-01 click here.
There are three (3) courses in the certificate program. Each has about 30 hours of content divided into modules. The courses are intended to be taken in order.
- Digital Product Definition in PLM Environments - next Course 1 starts soon - Click here for more information!
- Product Data and Configuration Management in PLM Environments - next Course 2 starts soon - Click here for more information!
- PLM Across the Enterprise - next Course 3 starts soon - Click here for more information!
How is the class delivered?
The class is self-paced. Participants register at any time throughout the year and watch recorded lectures and demonstrations on their own schedule and will complete exercises at their own pace. Participants taking this option will still have access to the instructor through email to ask questions as they complete the material.
The modules in each course contain lecture videos, readings, hands-on workshops, discussion boards, and quizzes. Participants work through the material on their own but help from an instructor is never far away.
When can I register?
Participants register at any time throughout the year and watch recorded lectures and demonstrations on their own schedule and will complete exercises at their own pace. Participants taking this option will still have access to the instructor through email to ask questions as they complete the material.
Click here to go to the registration page.
What CAD systems are used?
Siemens PLM Software suite of tools (NX and Teamcenter) for examples of PLM methods. However, the core processes and methods apply to any PLM toolset. As a result, anyone looking to enhance their knowledge of PLM toolsets and processes would benefit from these courses.
What do you need? Are there pre-requisites?
Participants need access to high speed, broadband Internet service and a personal computer with an up-to-date internet browser to connect to course material and the virtual PLM environment. The only prerequisites are participants need to have a working knowledge of PCs and web-based applications. A three-button mouse is required for hands-on workshops.
What type of credit will be granted?
The certificate program is intended for professionals outside of a degree program. Three (3.0) Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are awarded upon completion of each course in the series. Upon completion of all three courses, the Purdue PLM Certificate is awarded along with a certificate verifying that IpX CM2-01 has been completed with an additional 1.6 CEUs.
How much does it cost? Are discounts offered?
Self-paced classes are $2000.00 per course per participant.
Discounted rates are available when several employees from the same company enroll or when a student enrolls for all three courses at the same time.*
*Please contact Thaddaeus Blossom at email@example.com to inquire about respective fees.