Certain Polytechnic first-year students in the professional flight program may now complete their bachelor's degree in just three years. The School of Aviation and Transportation Technology sends invitations to admitted students who are most likely to qualify for the program.
To qualify to participate in the program, first-year students must:
- Go to admissions.purdue.edu to accept their admission into the professional flight program with Purdue Polytechnic Institute's School of Aviation and Transportation Technology.
- Earn their private pilot certificate no later than June 1.
- Begin classes at Purdue University during the summer semester of their first year.
Important information for students accepted into the Degree in 3 professional flight program:
Switching to Summer
To switch to summer, follow these steps in your Admissions portal.
- Select Profile and Application Changes
- Select Change Academic Term
- From: Fall 2019 To: Summer 2019
- Click Submit
If you will be living on campus, complete your Summer Housing Contract. Discounted rates may be available for summer housing and dining options. If you have any questions about summer housing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to filing a current FAFSA, you will need to complete the Summer Aid Application in order to be considered for need-based summer financial aid. This application is available in your myPurdue student portal under the “Financial Aid” tab. On the Summer Aid Application, please enter 8 credit hours and select the last 8 weeks of Summer as your module.