The mission of the Professional Flight program is to prepare the next generation of professional pilots and leaders in flight operations.
Professional Flight Technology Program Educational Objectives
Effectively apply technical knowledge, problem-solving techniques, and hands-on skills in traditional and emerging areas of flight operations.
Be active and effective participants in ongoing professional development, professional growth, and increasing professional responsibility.
Effectively communicate ideas to technical and non-technical people.
Work effectively in teams.
Work within the accepted standards of professionalism.
The Professional Flight Technology graduate:
Is an aviation professional with:
- An understanding of aviation as an integrated transportation system,
- a broad based knowledge of the aviation industry.
- a firm grasp of transport category aircraft systems and operations and air traffic control procedures.
- a complete comprehension of related technical fields such as meteorology, advanced navigation, and crew resource management.
Has developed and demonstrated:
- The ability to think clearly and analytically.
- Effective skills in communication, leadership and organization
The professional flight graduate…..
A. Is an aviation professional with a thorough understanding of professional certification and career management.
B. Demonstrates a broad-based knowledge of the aviation industry as an integrated transportation system.
C. Demonstrates an understanding of aircraft performance and design, systems, operations, and maintenance.
D. Demonstrates an understanding of aviation safety and human factors.
E. Demonstrates knowledge of safe operations within the international airport, airspace, and air traffic management system.
F. Demonstrates an understanding of national and international aviation law, regulation, and labor issues.
G. Demonstrates an understanding of meteorology and environmental issues.
H. Demonstrates the ability to think clearly and analytically.
I. Demonstrates effective skills in communication, leadership, and organization.
J. Is prepared to compete in a number of flight-related occupational areas within the aerospace industry.
K. May be eligible for appropriate levels of Federal Aviation Administration certification.