During summer 2020, Purdue University’s Polytechnic Institute took over delivery of all coursework for the college’s locations outside of West Lafayette. For a few of our locations, this is an important change, as they previously had depended on other university regional campuses to deliver some courses.
This move benefits our statewide students in important ways, including:
- A lower tuition and fees structure.
- New classrooms designed especially for the Polytechnic’s hands-on curriculum.
- A single, streamlined class registration process.
- All classes available online or at a single location.
- A single scholastic calendar.
- The opportunity to pursue the Purdue Cornerstone Certificate.
- The opportunity to integrate the humanities and learning-in- context technique into classes.
Polytechnic locations directly affected by this move include Columbus, Kokomo, New Albany, Richmond and South Bend.
A Purdue education, close to home
In addition to the main campus in West Lafayette, the Purdue Polytechnic Institute offers degrees in nine locations across Indiana, including Anderson, Columbus, Indianapolis, Kokomo, Lafayette, New Albany, Richmond, South Bend and Vincennes. This makes a Purdue degree attainable for students who, for various reasons, may not be able to come to West Lafayette.