As an industry partner who has sponsored a Purdue Polytechnic senior capstone project, you have seen firsthand how our students have been able to solve a technical problem your company had experienced, perhaps in the design of a product or in a manufacturing process. Would you please help us spread the word about your successful partnership?
Prospective students, current students and potential industry partners would all benefit by hearing about your experience. When you’re here in West Lafayette, would you please take about 15 minutes to meet with Purdue Polytechnic’s Marketing and Communication staff to share your story via an on-camera conversation?
What will we talk about?
We will ask you to talk about your company and its services / products and the problem you faced. We will also ask about your experience partnering with Purdue Polytechnic and working with our faculty, staff and students. Here are some typical questions:
- What was the challenge or problem your company was facing with the specific product, service, or process? Please describe it.
- Why did you decide to bring that problem to Purdue Polytechnic?
- As part of your sponsorship of a senior capstone project, you worked closely with a professor who served as your capstone coordinator and with our students. Please describe your overall experience working with Purdue Polytechnic’s faculty and students.
- Please describe the process you used at the beginning to convey your needs to the student team who worked on your project. Also, how often did you communicate with them throughout the project?
- What challenges or surprises did our students face when designing or building their solutions, and how did you help them address those issues?
- Having worked directly with Purdue Polytechnic students who will be graduating soon, how well prepared do you feel they are for going out to work in industry, whether with your company or elsewhere?
- What advice would you give to another company that is thinking about sponsoring a capstone project here in Purdue Polytechnic?
How will our conversation be used?
An edited version of our conversation might be posted on our YouTube channel, made into an article on our website, and/or quoted in our social media channels or other materials.
I'd be glad to help! How do we arrange it?
If your campus visit is being coordinated by Purdue Polytechnic's Office of Engagement, would you please simply mention that you'd like to help out with recording a conversation? We will include it on your schedule of activities.
Alternately, would you please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know when you'll be here? We would be glad to arrange the date, time and location to meet. Thank you for your help!
Is it possible to send a video instead?
If you're not currently planning a West Lafayette visit but have the ability to film high definition video, we would be delighted to work with you. With the right techniques, high-def consumer camcorders or modern smartphones can capture good video. Would you please email email@example.com to mention your interest and to ask for video formatting guidelines? Thanks for being willing to go the extra mile for us!