Up to 25 students will be selected to participate in a day of learning, fun and prizes!
- Win prizes for best in show
- Develop computer graphics technology skills
- Receive one-on-one instruction with Purdue instructors
Learn skills using industry-standard software for 3D modeling, digital illustration, photo editing and game design
- Unreal Engine
To be selected, learners will need to submit an entry into our design contest. The design should be based on the design brief below. Purdue CGT instructors will select winning candidates to participate in the Alien Zoo CGT workshop to be held Nov. 19th, 2021 at the Main Street Resource Center, 9am-12:00pm Noon.
It’s the year 2075, and interstellar space travel has opened whole new worlds and opportunities for humans. Ganymede (Jupiter’s moon – the largest in our solar system) has become a thriving tourist destination. Pan-Galactic Industries has announced they will build a zoo on Ganymede to display plants and creatures from a variety of planets that have been explored beyond our solar system.
Designers of all kinds are needed to make the extraterrestrial zoo a success! Designs are being accepted for the following:
- Illustrations and/or models of extraterrestrial creatures and their native habitats
- Facilities design – the zoo itself, it’s buildings, pathways, gifts shops, exhibits, etc.
- Marketing & advertising – logos, billboards, social media campaign graphics, etc.
Artwork must be submitted by October 25, 2021
- Submissions may be created in a variety of mediums: 3D models, digital drawings, hand-drawn illustrations, paintings, designs created in game engines (Minecraft, Roblox, etc) as long as they fit the theme of the design brief
- Designs should be submitted as 1080x720p JPGs
- Hand-drawn submissions may be scanned/photographed and electronically submitted
- Designs may be either full-color or black & white (pencil/pen)
- High-res screenshots are acceptable
- Up to three entries per person
- Email artwork submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org