Learn the skills necessary to improve quality and productivity while enhancing safety, streamlining processes, reducing costs, and managing people in a wide variety of manufacturing and technical settings.
An accredited program in Industrial Engineering Technology (with majors in Industrial Engineering Technology and Supply Chain Management Technology) will prepare graduates with the technical and managerial skills necessary to develop, implement, and improve integrated systems that include people, materials, information, equipment, and energy. Graduates will be prepared for careers in higher levels of system design, integration, and management.
Majors in this degree program
ABET Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission: The Industrial Engineering Technology Program at Purdue University is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science degree program in Industrial Engineering Technology will:
- Demonstrate advanced competence with the legacy, foundations and emerging areas of their technology discipline
- Demonstrate leadership and high-level individual- and team-based critical thinking, problem solving, and innovation competence
- Display proficiency in dealing with people in meeting current expectations, and addressing international and/or multicultural aspects of technology trends, standards and emerging capabilities
- Demonstrate high level competence with in-person, presentation, and written and oral communication
- Exemplify sophisticated assessments of technology and its appropriate interface to human endeavor
- Consistently and coherently apply ethical leadership principles to innovation, technological and professional activities,
- By virtue of their promotability, have demonstrated the advanced ability to apply knowledge of probability, statistics, engineering economic analysis and cost control, and other technical sciences and specialties necessary in the field of industrial engineering technology
- Have evidenced an ongoing commitment to lifelong learning that establishes a focus in an area of systems integration, analysis, computation, or application
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science degree program in Industrial Engineering Technology will achieve the following learned capabilities:
a. an ability to select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of the discipline to broadly-defined engineering technology activities;
b. an ability to select and apply a knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to engineering technology problems that require the application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies;
c. an ability to conduct standard tests and measurements; to conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments; and to apply experimental results to improves processes;
d. an ability to design systems, components, or processes for broadly-defined engineering technology problems appropriate to program educational objectives;
e. an ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team;
f. an ability to identify, analyze, and solve broadly-defined engineering technology problems;
g. an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
h. an understanding of the need for and an ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development;
i. an understanding of and a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities including a respect for diversity;
j. a knowledge of the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context; and
k. a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
Number of Graduates
Enrollment Trends and Number of Graduates data is sourced from Purdue’s Office of Enrollment Management's Data Digest.