Learn the skills necessary to improve quality and productivity while enhancing safety, streamlining processes, reducing costs, and managing people in a wide variety of manufacturing and technical settings.
An accredited program in Industrial Engineering Technology (with majors in Industrial Engineering Technology and Supply Chain Management Technology) will prepare graduates with the technical and managerial skills necessary to develop, implement, and improve integrated systems that include people, materials, information, equipment, and energy. Graduates will be prepared for careers in higher levels of system design, integration, and management.
Majors in this degree program
ABET Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission: The Industrial Engineering Technology Program at Purdue University is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science degree program in Industrial Engineering Technology will:
- Demonstrate advanced competence with the legacy, foundations and emerging areas of their technology discipline
- Demonstrate leadership and high-level individual- and team-based critical thinking, problem solving, and innovation competence
- Display proficiency in dealing with people in meeting current expectations, and addressing international and/or multicultural aspects of technology trends, standards and emerging capabilities
- Demonstrate high level competence with in-person, presentation, and written and oral communication
- Exemplify sophisticated assessments of technology and its appropriate interface to human endeavor
- Consistently and coherently apply ethical leadership principles to innovation, technological and professional activities,
- By virtue of their promotability, have demonstrated the advanced ability to apply knowledge of probability, statistics, engineering economic analysis and cost control, and other technical sciences and specialties necessary in the field of industrial engineering technology
- Have evidenced an ongoing commitment to lifelong learning that establishes a focus in an area of systems integration, analysis, computation, or application
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science degree program in Industrial Engineering Technology will achieve the following learned capabilities:
- an ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- an ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline
- an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- an ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes; and
- an ability to function effectively as a member as well as a lead on technical teams
Number of Graduates
Enrollment Trends and Number of Graduates data is sourced from Purdue’s Office of Enrollment Management's Data Digest.