Financial Aid

To be considered for financial aid (grants, scholarships, student loans and work-study), Purdue Polytechnic Institute students must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), available online at

Eligibility Criteria:

  • High school diploma or GED
  • Home-schooled students must pass a test approved by the Dept. of Education (i.e., ACT)
  • U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
  • Admitted to the University and enrolled in a degree-seeking program
  • Valid social security number
  • Reasonable academic progress
  • Not convicted of drug offense
  • Not in default on a student loan or owe a grant repayment
  • Registered for Selective Service (if required)
  • Pell Grants can be awarded to students who are less than half-time
  • State aid from Indiana generally requires full-time enrollment (12 hours)
  • Temporary (non-degree) students are not eligible for aid

How to Apply:

  • Complete the FAFSA or Renewal by filing online at MARCH 1 is the priority date for filing.
  • List Purdue University, DFA, SCHL, 475 Stadium Mall Drive, West Lafayette, IN 47907-2050 as the school you will attend. The School Code Number for Purdue University is 001825.
  • Complete any additional documentation if requested by Purdue's Division of Financial Aid.


Purdue Polytechnic at South Bend students are admitted to Purdue Polytechnic Institute at Purdue University. Financial aid, including student loans, will be administered by Purdue University.

Students who drop classes or withdraw from the university prior to the end of the 4th week of classes may be required to repay all or a portion of the funds they were awarded.

Contact Information:

Crystal Jones, Advisor, Division of Financial Aid (765) 494-5085 or

Children of Disabled Verteran (CVO) & Veteran Affairs (VA)

CDV Benefits

Child of Disabled Veteran (CDV) benefits are for 124 credit hours.

Non-degree students may receive CDV benefits for a maximum of 12 credit hours.

You MUST :

  • Notify the Purdue University Division of Financial Aid Office at each semester that you want to use CDV benefits.
  • Complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Apply online at
  • Complete an Application by visiting Details and application instructions can be found here:

GI Bill

If you need to speak with someone about your eligibility, please contact:

Transferring Aid To/From Purdue

It is a common misunderstanding that when you transfer from one university to another you can take your financial assistance with you. This is not so!

Follow this link to Purdue University Division of Financial Aid to get instructions on how to transfer aid:

Links to Financial Aid Resourses

Next Student Loans Scholarship Search Engine

Financial aid calculator