Our main activities guided by the following aims per NSF (2008):
- Advance seamless cyberlearning anytime, anywhere / intentional or unintentional.
- Seize the opportunity for remote and virtual laboratories to enhance STEM education.
- Investigate virtual worlds and mixed-reality environments.
- Produce, use, and reuse scientific data and educational research data effectively and responsibly.
- Create accurate and effective technology-based assessment tools for personalized and just-in-time feedback.
Or research foci combines theory, techniques, and perspectives from a wide range of disciplines and contexts at the intersection of learning sciences, cognitive psychology, discipline-based educational research and computing, among others.
|To advance fundamental research on STEM learning with and about technology in formal and informal environments.||Foundational knowledge in STEM learning in intentionally-designed technology-based learning environments, and learning more broadly through an ecology of purpose-built and appropriated technology tools.|
|To develop technology-based learning environments to support STEM learning through formal and informal means.||Cyberlearning personalized solutions proven as effective mechanisms for teaching and learning. Appropriation of existing technology-based tools to support learning.|
|To support STEM workforce development and broadening participation.||Implementation of solutions in undergraduate classrooms and support to K-12 outreach efforts including the identification and utilization of informal or formal learning environments used to support professional practices (e.g., social media, knowledge sharing/Q&A sites).|